– Velvet Sky pushed hard for TNA to re-sign Angelina Love as she continuously pitched her over the last year. It’s no surprise they’re working with Madison Rayne not only because of past storylines but because it was Rayne that actually talked Velvet into returning to the company.
– AJ Styles is committed to New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor for the rest of the year. He continues to be “heavily pursued” by Jeff Jarrett’s new group, however, AJ didn’t want to be inactive this year and Jarrett’s promotion isn’t likely to get off the ground until the end of 2014. We’re told Styles is also curious to see how things shake out with TNA Wrestling and Spike TV. There are a lot of moving parts. Will Jarrett’s promotion end up on Spike? If not Spike, what about another Viacom channel such as CMT? Will TNA keep their clearance for Impact Wrestling? It’s this that has caused Styles to take a “wait and see” approach in terms of the United States and he likes working for Ring of Honor because it doesn’t prevent him from working for NJPW, which carries a nice payday. While New Japan isn’t paying Styles what TNA was, between working there, ROH and select independent dates, Styles will end up earning more than TNA’s final offer when they were trying to re-sign him earlier this year. Another element to this is Styles would like to go to WWE. He’s been informed through intermediaries that if they had any intention of giving him a look, it would be after a year or so when it wouldn’t seem like they were bringing in one of TNA’s top guys. Styles’ patient approach could end up putting him in a nice position at the beginning of next year. TNA could be more in need of top talent and if Jarrett’s group signs Kurt Angle like many anticipate, Jarrett will obviously want AJ as well. Take into account that WWE could be interested by then in addition to his current options with NJPW and ROH and he would have a lot of leverage. Remember, TNA lowballed Styles because he had nowhere to go so opting out and getting booked independently could end up making him a highly sought after free agent.
– TNA Wrestling‘s Vice President of Talent Relations and Creative John “Big” Gaburick will be answering fans questions for the first time in a Q&A session. Below is the official statement from TNA Wrestling (or at this link):
ImpactWrestling.com is providing you unique access to the Executive Vice President of Talent Relations and Creative, John “Big” Gaburick. Next Thursday, April 3rd, an hour before Impact Wrestling on Spike TV, this very special Q&A session will air as an exclusive video on ImpactWrestling.com hosted by Jeremy Borash.
How do you get your question answered? Follow John on Twitter @JohnGaburick and tweet your questions to him with the hashtag #AskBig. Also you can visit our Facebook page (Facebook.com/ImpactWrestling) and submit your questions there as well.
– The Sioux City Journal has a new article online featuring quotes from TNA Champion Magnus to promote this weekend’s TNA live event in the city. In it, Magnus calls winning the TNA title the highlight of his career so far. He also talks about being a natural villain because he’s not from the United States. Click here to read the article in its entirety.
– This week’s episode of Impact Wrestling did an average viewing audience of 1,156,000 viewers on Spike TV. The company regained a spot in the top 100 cable shows for adults 18-49 for the whole day. More data is available here at TVbytheNumbers.
To continue reading this article you must be a WNW Premium Member. CLICK HERE to signup now for as low as $5.95/month! Also, take advantage of the coupon code VIDEO10 for 10% OFF!