– TNA Wrestling has officially announced Lex Luger will be one of the “featured guests” as part of the inaugural TNA Hall Of Fame Celebration inducting Sting. The induction ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 13, 2012 from the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort at 8 PM. Guests include Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter, AJ Styles, Mike Tenay and Luger. Click here for more information.
– WWE will be holding Wrestlemania 29 in the MetLife Stadium in New York. The event is on April 7, 2012. Well, Dixie Carter posted a tweet today that confirmed a live event will be held on behalf of TNA Wrestling in the New York area. Below is the official statement from TNA:
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING announced today a live event date set for one of the biggest industry weekends of the year. The TNA IMPACT WRESTLING World Tour will be live in Westbury, NY on April 5 at the NYCB Theatre at Westbury starting at 7:30pm. Tickets will go on sale this Friday, Oct. 5 and will be available at the NYCB Theatre box office, Live Nation or charge by phone at 800-745-3000.
Wrestling fans worldwide will pilgrimage to the New York City area for one of the wrestling industry’s biggest weekends of the year. TNA IMPACT WRESTLING brings its one-of-a-kind live event to Westbury offering fans an opportunity to experience today’s top talent in the ring.
Follow TNA IMPACT WRESTLING on Twitter (@IMPACTWRESTLING) for all the latest news, merchandise discounts AND MORE.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, Oct. 5 at Live Nation or charge by phone at 800-745-3000. Tickets start at $24 and fans that purchase the $75 ringside tickets will receive early entry and autograph signings with select IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars at 5:30pm. (Redeemable with ticket the night of the show.)
– Jeff Hardy’s contract with TNA Wrestling is coming up in February 2013. There continues to be a lot of speculation regarding his future but TNA will reportedly open negotiations for a new deal prior to the contract coming up. As has been the trend of late, TNA has cut the rate of guaranteed money to talent re-signing contracts. For those speculating a possible return to WWE for Hardy, there are several factors in play. One, WWE would have to be interested and the ongoing litigation brought against by TNA would have to be over. Hardy would also return with two Wellness Policy strikes and would be subject to stringent testing procedures.
– The Phoenix News Times has a new Q&A online with Jeff Hardy to promote TNA Bound for Glory. Below is an excerpt:
You’ve overcome a lot of personal demons in the past few years. Does it feel like some people are waiting for the other shoe to drop and for you to relapse?
I don’t care if they are. There’s probably a lot of people that doubt me and are waiting for something to go down again. My heart and mind are stronger than they’ve ever been and I don’t care what people think. I know who and how I am with my family and that’s all I need.
Speaking of your brother Matt, what was your take on weird stuff Matt was putting online about ghosts and whatnot?
Yeah, I hated it. I hated everything he put up. I was embarrassed for him. But that was just stuff that he was going through. If I’m going to put something on YouTube it’s just going to be fun.
Will Matt ever make it back to TNA or even WWE?
I don’t know, it’s up to him. Time will tell.
Would you ever consider going back to WWE when your TNA contract expires next year?
Man, I really can’t answer that. I’m happy where I’m at right now with TNA. But you never say never in this business, so it depends on where I’ll be at in a few months.
Click here to read the Q&A in its entirety.
– Kim Kardashian posted a photo partying with Hulk Hogan at this link. (Thanks to WNW reader Megamoe for sending this in.)
– Speaking of Hogan, he will hit the media circuit next week to promote Bound for Glory. Below is the schedule released by TNA:
– The Howard Stern Show: Sirius / XM channel 100/101
– The Today Show : 10am ET on NBC
– Hannity on FOX : 9pm ET
– Piers Morgan on CNN : (Check local listings)
– Imus in the Morning (Radio and Fox Business Channel)
– VH1 Morning Buzz : 10am ET
– HLN Showbiz Tonight : 11pm ET
– Kazarian beat Lince Dorado in a dark match prior to this week’s Impact Wrestling taping.
– Coming out of this week’s Impact Wrestling taping, I’m told the current plan is for Bully Ray to turn on Sting at Bound for Glory and reveal himself as the leader of the Aces & 8s faction. This would lay the groundwork for a feud with Jeff Hardy for the TNA Championship, assuming the company sticks with plans to put Hardy over Austin Aries. The original plan was for Hulk Hogan and Sting to work Aces & 8s at the pay-per-view, however, Hogan is not ready to work from a medical standpoint. I do feel obligated to mention this is the plan coming out of the October 4th taping and nothing is final until it actually happens. I am posting this to give you a look at the company’s current thinking but not by any means confirming it as the final plan.