- Cameron had already left for the WWE Raw tour of Australia before news of her DUI arrest surfaced online. She appeared with Naomi and Brodus Clay at the 8/30 show in Brisbane but was sent home once the further details surrounding her arrest were released. Not only was she popped for DUI but there are also allegations of attempted bribery.
- SLAM! Wrestling has a new article online featuring quotes from AJ Lee. Below are the highlights:
Would she rather wrestle or work as the Raw GM?
“I’m so torn, I want this position to last long, it’s so much more fun and it’s amazing to have all that power and I’d like to stretch it as long as I can,” she said. “Being part of Wrestlemania is amazing to me. There’s a little 13-year-old inside of me that was a wrestling fan and the idea of wrestling at home, minutes away is so amazing. So if I was really selfish, I would do both, I would book myself in a match!”
Having her character portrayed in a Scooby-Doo movie:
“Oh my gosh, there’s definitely a checklist of amazing life experience milestone and being immortalize in a cartoon character is certainly bizarre,” she admitted. “We did the voiceovers and I hit on Scooby and Shaggy, so this is the most bizarre moment of my life! This is pretty cool!”
Favorite wrestling-related books:
She also loves to read, especially pro wrestling biographies. “The first [of] Chris Jericho’s and Eddie Guerrero are my favourites,” she added.
Click here to read the article in its entirety.
- Cameron has been suspended by WWE until September 15th due to her DUI arrest and the aftermath that resulted in company officials finding out about it from reports online. As noted previously, Cameron had already left for Australia by the time WWE found out about the DUI, allegations of attempted bribery and the fact she tried to conceal them as her employer. After working one day in Australia, she was pulled from the remainder of the tour and will now serve out her suspension.
-WWE is conducting a poll for The Miz‘s newest t-shirt design on Facebook. There are four choices available, all with “Haters ♥ Me” on the front. Click here to view the designs and vote.
- Chicago Focus recently conducted an interview with David Otunga, in which he discussed his time on “I Love New York,” the busy schedules of both his wife and himself, and more. In the following excerpt, Otunga discusses the origins of his coffee mug prop and his lawyer character:
Hacksaw Jim Duggan has a 2X4, Triple H has a sledgehammer, but you have a coffee mug. How did that prop develop as a part of your character?
Otunga: “Funny you should mention that because I’m drinking out of it right now. The thing about the coffee mug, is that it’s really me. One day I started using it on camera and people are led to believe it’s a part of my character. But it’s really me and not just my character’s role.”
The gateway to the WWE for you was being a part of the group called “Nexus”. Then slowly you branched out to becoming a legal counsel for many WWE wrestlers and executives. Was the lawyer role something that was always on the back burner or did you pitch this idea to the creative department?
Otunga: “That was something that I did definitely. I was kind of turning into the A-lister and Hollywood star person but I’m more of a different character. I really am a lawyer and no one else is which sets me apart from everybody else. One day I went out to cut a promo and I was supposed to talk about something else but did the lawyer thing and they loved it. So we stuck with and it felt pretty good.”
Click here to read the full interview.
- The Sun is reporting that The Rock foiled an attempted burglary in Hackney, East London while on the set of the upcoming movie, Fast and Furious 6. The Rock, who was in costume for his role, spotted the would-be burglars as they attempted to break into vans, which held expensive equipment. He then left a scene that was being filmed to chase the burglars off before any equipment could be stolen. Click here to read the full article.
- The presale password to obtain tickets to the December 26th WWE Smackdown live event from the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois is WWEHOLIDAY.
- WWE will be screening the new CM Punk: Best in the World documentary with Punk on October 7, 2012 from The Portage Theatre free for the first 1000 fans. The screening will take place from 1-3 PM.
- The latest WWE Studios production “The Day,” which was only in 12 theaters this weekend, grossed $10,100. Click here for coverage by BoxOfficeMojo.com.
- Wrestling News World reader Johnny Crowe sent word that Eve won the finale of NBC’s “Stars Earn Stripes.” Eve and her operative Grady Powell earned an extra $100,000 for the USO on top of what they won in their missions. The grand total was $150,000. Click here for coverage by dot com.
- The theme song for WWE Night of Champions 2012 is “Champions” by Kevin Rudolf, featuring Limp Bizkit, Birdman and Lil Wayne.
- There was no post-show dark match main event after this week’s WWE Raw. Paul Heyman drove CM Punk back into the arena and he cut a promo for the live crowd. He said he was scheduled to work John Cena but was unable too because he “hurt” him earlier. Cena came out to attack Punk which resulted in Alberto Del Rio, Antonio Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Randy Orton and Sheamus all coming out and fighting. The heels threw The Miz into the ring and the babyfaces made short work of him by hitting their finishers to send the crowd home happy.
- Ric Flair was on “Fox and Friends” on Fox News Tuesday morning as he was being interviewed because he is a Charlotte resident, where the 2012 Democratic National Convention is currently taking place. While the interview was mostly about politics, one of the anchors said they would like to see Vince McMahon bring Flair back to WWE. Flair responded by saying he would “like that too.”
- WWE officials were “pretty ticked off” that Floyd Mayweather Jr. said in an interview with Hot 97′s Peter Rosenberg that he was returning to the company next year at Wrestlemania XXIX. I’m told it’s not a done deal but Mayweather and WWE are in talks. WWE is in the process of talking to celebrities they have used in the past to appear at the Wrestlemania next year. I heard Peter Rose, Jenny McCarthy and Mr. T are three other names that have been contacted.
- Wade Barrett returned during this week’s Smackdown taping, after being sidelined with an elbow injury since February. Barrett defeated Yoshi Tatsu in a squash match. Click here to view this week’s Smackdown spoilers.
- Next week’s WWE Raw is being advertised as “Pat Patterson Appreciation Night.” The show will take place from the Bell Centre in Patterson’s home city of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Click here for local event information.
- Broadcasting & Cable is reporting that “The Hero” starring The Rock has been given the green light by TNT and will premiere on the network next summer.
- WWE has announced they will tape Smackdown on November 20th from the Van Andel Arena in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Tickets go on sale September 5th.
- Bret Hart is being advertised for next week’s WWE Raw in Montreal. This will be Hart’s first appearance with WWE in Montreal since the Screwjob in 1997.
- Triple H has cut his hair and TMZ has the photos to prove it. Click here to view Hunter’s new look.
- Bret Hart wrote the following on Twitter;
Yes, I was asked by WWE to be in Montreal this Monday and I’ll be there. That’s one off the bucket list.
— Bret Hart (@BretHart) September 5, 2012
- Wrestling News World reader Shannon sent in the following:
The Morning After Show with Cotter and Modz on 94x in Prince George recently posted an audio interview with Edge. In the interview, he talks about his upcoming appearance on Haven, why he cut his hair, and whether he plans on returning to WWE in a non-wrestling role. The hosts then puzzled the Hall of Famer in a trivia game towards the end of the interview.
- There are tentative plans to expand WWE Saturday Morning Slam on the CW Network if it continues to do well. While WWE has considered doing a “cruiserweight show” for the WWE Network, I’m told the concept could be used for the kid-friendly Saturday morning series if they are given an hour timeslot instead of the current 30-minute slot. Current plans would call for Sin Cara to be the “main star of the show” with the likely possibility of the cruiserweight tile being brought back. I’m cautioned that some of this is wishful thinking on Vince McMahon’s part as he loves the idea of an hour filled with colorful guys and masked guys with great merchandising potential being marketed directly to young children on Saturday mornings. The WWE Network would not have anywhere near the penetration of the CW so Vince is hopeful the CW show does well enough to expand to an hour and perhaps become the outlet for the proposed cruiserweight program.