Welcome to the WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium Newsletter. This is where you will find all of the big news and Ask WNW segments from the week neatly archived for your viewing pleasure.
This week’s edition covers news from Saturday, October 22, 2011 to Friday, October 28, 2011 as well as all five Ask WNW segments from the week. Use this newsletter as your own personal tool to catch up on any of the news that you may have missed during the week. Below is a table of contents:
Note From Richard: For those that have asked, the Newsletter is organized with the news posted on Saturday at the top with the most recent stories at the bottom. We have it organized this way so you can read the news in the order in which it happened. Thanks for your support!
- Heath Slater wrote the following on Twitter about his WWE Wellness Policy suspension:
“As most of you already know, I am going to be out of the WWE spotlight for the next few weeks. Of course everyone is going to form thier own opinions on why that is but I don’t feel the need to explain myself to all the SLATER HATERS out there running thier mouths. There R plenty going to focus all my efforts on being the best Superstar I can be – MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY… TO MYSELF, MY FRIENDS, FAMILY AND TRUE FANS.”
Thanks to Wrestling News World writer Rick Craig for sending this in.
- CM Punk was at the Florida Championship Wrestling show in Kissimmee on Friday night. Punk actually wrestled a lengthy match against Dean Ambrose (a/k/a Jon Moxley) that headlined the show.
- The real-life cousin of Primo Colon, Tito, worked last night’s WWE Supershow house show from Corpus Christi, Texas. Tito paired with Primo to face The Uso’s. Tito is a WWE developmental talent currently working in Florida Championship Wrestling. You can view his developmental profile at this link.
- Former WWE Diva Serena Deeb wrote the following on Twitter on Friday:
A message to all my supporters- I recently sustained a rather serious concussion and following my doctors instructions, will not wrestle for a period of time. I apologize to those who were looking forward to seeing me anytime in the near future. I will keep you all posted
- The New York Post is reporting Stacy Keibler has raised her appearance fee from $10,000 to $25,000 per appearance. Keibler has made headlines for her relationship with actor George Clooney. (Thanks to WNW reader David Laiosa for sending us the link.)
- Wrestling News World reader Jeff sent word that Trish Stratus has launched a health and wellness website at this link.
- I heard the word going around prior to last night’s WWE Vengeance pay-per-view was that Mick Foley has signed with WWE. When Foley left TNA Impact Wrestling several months ago he figured getting back on with WWE would be easy. It didn’t end up working out as quickly as he expected. Sources with knowledge of Foley’s latest deal tell me that one of the things that slowed his return to WWE was the influence of Triple H. Hunter now has much more influence on who is hired under his new executive position. Triple H has reportedly “had it out” for Foley going back to the late 90′s. Apparently the issues aren’t anything personal, just the fact that Hunter feels Foley doesn’t look like a star and definitely shouldn’t be a top guy. On the other hand, I’m told The Rock has always been very pro-Mick Foley and all these years later he actually played a role in Foley’s return. Triple H wasn’t outright blocking Foley’s return but one of my sources feels he was enjoying making Foley sweat. With the way Foley left TNA, Hunter didn’t see that he had an option to go elsewhere and didn’t see any reason to rush a WWE contract offer. The Rock ended up finding out about it and went directly to Vince McMahon. It’s believed The Rock requested Foley be brought back which is why he is in the plans for 11/14 Raw Supershow (the go-home to Survivor Series) that will also feature The Rock. I’m told The Rock even went as far as pitching Foley for his team at Survivor Series and had Vince McMahon’s approval but apparently there are issues with Mick Foley’s schedule on that day.
- WWE has officially added Mick Foley to the talent listing for the November 14th edition of Raw Supershow. We currently have backstage news on Foley returning to WWE including how problems with Triple H slowed his return and how another WWE legend got the deal done. You can read that story now online at this link (or read above).
- CM Punk did an interview today with myFOXaustin to promote tonight’s Raw Supershow in Austin, Texas. Punk briefly discusses the Be A Star campaign and the current world of wrestling with an interviewer that clearly has no interest in today’s product. The interview is embedded below:
- Embedded in the video below is footage of the ring collapsing at last night’s WWE Vengeance pay-per-view. This footage was shot from a cell phone in the arena:
- The Rock & John Cena will team up at Survivor Series to face The Miz & R-Truth. WWE Survivor Series 2011 will take place Sunday, November 20, 2011 from Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- I heard an unconfirmed report yesterday that The Undertaker and Michelle McCool were spotted yesterday at the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas. It makes sense they would be visiting as the couple resides in Austin.
- WWE has applied to register the following trademarks:
* WWE Wrestlemania Rewind
* WWE House of Fame
- I heard an interesting rumor regarding Booker T. There’s talk about having him return to the ring to coincide with WWE’s upcoming The Best of the King of the Ring DVD which he hosts. The DVD is due out December 13, 2011.
- A match between Michael Cole and Jim Ross was teased on last night’s Raw Supershow for next week’s show in Atlanta, Georgia. As the stipulation goes, if JR wins, Cole would “quit” the company. Next week’s Raw Supershow will take place from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia and will feature Kermit The Frog and Miss Piggy. We’ll have full coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- THQ has unveiled the first downloadable content pack for the upcoming WWE ’12 video game. The playable Superstars that have been announced are Shawn Michaels, Jerry Lawler, Jim Ross, and Michael Cole. Alternate attires for The Road Warriors and Edge & Christian are also included. Click here to view the content.
- WWE Tough Enough winner Andy Leavine has been re-added to the Florida Championship Wrestling website as Kevin Hackman. This is a name he used prior to Tough Enough and he is wearing the Tough Enough championship belt. You can view his profile at this link.
- In other developmental news, the profile of Rodney Thomas has been removed from the official FCW website, most likely indicating he has been released.
- TMZ posted the following video of former WWE Diva Torrie Wilson. She’s asked about former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler dating George Clooney:
- Also on the relationship front, Perez Hilton covered the rumored split of David Otunga and pop singer Jennifer Hudson. According to the gossip publications, Hudson has cited Otunga’s “career obsession” as one of the reasons for their split. You can read Perez’s coverage at this link.
- Linda McMahon was on Fox News yesterday talking about her political career. You can watch the appearance embedded in the video below:
- As the storyline goes, WWE is claiming Triple H has a “fractured vertebrae” and will be out of action for at least six weeks. While the injury is kayfabe, it does look like there are not plans for him to compete at Survivor series.
- I can now confirm there are plans for Booker T to return to the ring and the preliminary plan is to program him with Cody Rhodes.
- Jim Ross wrote the following on Twitter:
@CMPunk … Happy B-day! Enjoy your special day. I’ll likely see you in ATL for the nx installment of ‘Lets make JR look like horse’s a–.’
Richard Reacts: If my employer treated me like WWE treats Jim Ross, I’d quit.
- TMZ is running an article today on Hornswoggle getting three more tattoos featuring the Muppets on Friday to pay tribute the fact they’re guest hosting Raw Supershow on Monday. According to the publication, Hornswoggle is “obsessed” with the Muppets. Click here to read the article in its entirety.
- The Times of India is reporting that a land encroachment complaint has been filed against The Great Khali. According to the publication, a local resident claims he owns part of the land purchased by the pro wrestler in Paonta Sahib (a small town in the south of Sirmour district in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh). Reportedly Khali wants to open a wrestling academy on the property. The case is being handled by local police.
- Wrestling News World reader Brian Duffy sent word that THQ has announced the Divas DLC pack for WWE ’12. The following names will be included:
* Trish Stratus
* The Bella Twins
* Vickie Guerrero
* Alicia Fox
- CTNewsJunkie has an article online looking at Linda McMahon’s run for a United States Senate Seat out of the state of Connecticut. While the article focuses on the financials of her campaign, it reports early polls show McMahon as the favorite to win the Republican convention. Click here to read the full article.
- The official WWE website has a fun article online on the new attire of John Cena. In it, he reveals he’s ditched the jorts for the time being. Below is an excerpt:
“The jean shorts, for the moment, have been retired,” Cena said assertively. “These are military-issued camo, and I think they will stand out. I have every U.S. Military service branch represented: Army, Marine Corps., Air Force, Navy and Coast Guard. I’ll be changing it up from time to time.”
However, Cena was quick to clarify that he hasn’t ditched the denim completely.
“They’re always in the closet,” Cena said. “Maybe when they come back in style 30 years from now I’ll bust them out for the WWE Hall of Fame or something.”
Click here to read the full article.
- Kharma might be out due to her pregnancy but that hasn’t stopped the potential dream feud with Beth Phoenix from developing on Twitter. Following the announcement Kharma will be part of the Divas DLC Pack For WWE ’12, the following Twitter exchange took place:
Beth Phoenix “now that WWE12 allows @kharma and I to face off, I know I will be virtually glamslamming her this holiday season b4 the real thing”
Kharma “Glamslamming?? Are you moonlighting at Denny’s?
Thanks to Wrestling News World writer Rick Craig for sending this in.
- WWE has a new interview online with Daniel Bryan on their official website. They ask him about the ring breaking during Big Show vs. Mark Henry at WWE Vengeance and why he didn’t “cash in” his Money in the Bank briefcase when it happened. Daniel reiterated he’s “cashing in” at Wrestlemania XXVIII. You can watch the interview at this link.
- The official Nintendo YouTube channel has posted a short segment featuring Cody Rhodes. Rhodes is a known fan of The Legend of Zelda video game series, even incorporating the iconic Triforce graphic on his ring gear in the past. Rhodes discusses his history with the series in the interview, which is embedded below:
- WWE has released Maryse. Below is the official statement:
WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Raw Diva Maryse as of today, October 28, 2011. WWE wishes Maryse the best in all of her future endeavors.
Maryse took to Twitter this evening to comment on her release, saying she was “happy,” “smiling,” and “free.” She also noted she’ll be having a “release” party tonight at Trousdale Los Angeles.
- The latest episode of Z! True Long Island Story with Zack Ryder is embedded below:
There was a copyright issue with the episode and it had to be re-edited before placed online as WWE blocked his first attempt. Ryder commented on the issue on Twitter:
Kind of shocked WWE blocked Episode 37 of Z! TLIS…I figured they liked all of the money they’ve been getting by putting ads on my videos
Thanks to Wrestling News World reader Patrick Peralta for his help with this information.
- Wrestling News World reader Shannon Sylvia sent in the following: On this week’s addition of The Soup, Joel McHale poked fun of the opening segment from Raw Supershow this past Monday night. McHale makes fun of Triple H for saying that Kevin Nash broke his heart. He also made a joke about HGH.
You can watch the segment embedded in the video below:
- WWE announced the following upcoming house shows today:
* Saturday, January 7, 2012 from the Garrett Coliseum in Montgomery, Alabama
TNA Impact Wrestling News
- ComicBookMovie.com has a new interview online with Christopher Daniels. In it, he talks comics and which character he would like to play in a movie. You can check out the interview in its entirety at this link.
- GiantBomb recently gave an inside look at the upcoming Hulk Hogan’s Main Event video game. Over twenty minutes of footage from the game is shown, from the creation aspect to the in-ring gameplay. The video is embedded below:
- As we reported last week, Dave Lagana is headed to TNA Impact Wrestling as the company’s Director of Creative Writing. While the title may sound catchy, I’m told he is not part of the weekly Impact Wrestling TV show and will be working in a different department that will be in charge of the company’s expansion plans in India as well as the All Wheels Wrestling project that began taping last summer. Lagana will report directly to Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard. Sources with knowledge of Lagana’s hiring tell me he basically got the job because “everyone approached wasn’t interested.” I’m told TNA officials once again reached out to Paul Heyman and Kevin Sullivan. As for the ever changing power struggle in upper TNA management, I’m told neither Hulk Hogan nor Eric Bischoff were consulted before a final decision was made regarding the hiring of Lagana. They were reportedly surprised as sources close to the duo tell me they see Lagana as “kind of a goof.” Prichard was in favor of the hiring because he doesn’t see Lagana as a threat to his power. Lagana isn’t known for being politically-aggressive backstage so was considered a “safe hire.”
- Embedded in the video below is an interview with TNA Champion James Storm and Garrett Bischoff courtesy of the official TNA Impact Wrestling YouTube channel:
- The word going around TNA Impact Wrestling is that this year’s Bound For Glory pay-per-view did 20,000-25,000 buys. This is reportedly down from last year’s show which did 35,000-40,000 buys. The news was first reported by Dave Meltzer.
- Ric Flair is scheduled to make an appearance at the Panama Beach Raceway. Flair will compete in a drag race against Roy HIll and will be the honorary race chairman for the event. General Admission tickets are $20 and more information can be obtained at this link.
- Multiple sources are now reporting that Mike Tenay has agreed to a new contract with TNA Impact Wrestling, thought to be in the range of two years. Financial terms nor the exact length of the contract have been disclosed.
- Eric Bischoff wrote the following on Facebook & Twitter:
Headed back to Cody. Great TV’s last night. Crowd was super hot. Special thanks to the team @ TNA that promoted the market. The crowd were the stars of the shows!. Taking Impact on the road full time will grow this brand faster than anyone knows. Now is the time!
How long do you envision John Laurinaitis being the Raw General Manager and Who do you believe will take his place?
I am so frustrated over the Raw General Manager gimmick I hope a resolution comes soon but I haven’t heard. The “chaos” seems more evident than ever with The Miz and R-Truth still wreaking havoc, even though they were “reinstated.” The turns of this angle haven’t added up and it’s all the more frustrating we never got a conclusion to the Anonymous Raw General Manager.
Why was the WWE Intercontinental Championship not defended last night at WWE Vengeance?
The outcome of Randy Orton going over Cody Rhodes makes it obvious why the WWE Intercontinental Championship was not defended. They didn’t want Randy Orton picking up the secondary belt while they are trying to elevate Rhodes. While I will discuss this match in detail later today in my Richard Reacts to WWE Vengeance, Orton had to go over to keep him from looking weak after going under to Mark Henry. I like how it wasn’t done 100% clean to prevent from weakening the elevation of Cody Rhodes.
It is reported the new WWE Network will launch in 2012. What will happen to Raw on the USA Network and Smackdown on Syfy? Also there has been no mention whether this new channel will be free, or on a PPV basis and are systems like Dish going to carry it?
About the only concrete thing about the WWE Network is it will launch next year. As for Raw on USA and Smackdown on SyFy, there are no plans to touch the current television deals. The WWE Network is probably the biggest undertaking of Vince McMahon to date and is a tremendous risk. However, if McMahon is able to make it work, he guarantees the company TV clearance thus preventing the company from relying on any third party TV network. As for network clearance, no clear cut decision has been made on the format. Gaining clearance on cable and satellite systems is very difficult and one of the things WWE is hoping for by advertising the network in advance is to lobby fan support to help them in negotiations. I’ve covered the inception of the WWE Network thoroughly in our Backstage News section. Be sure and check out the stories there for more details that you won’t find out elsewhere.
How do wrestlers know how long they have to wrestle? If a wrestler has 15 minutes to wrestle how does he or she know exactly what time it is to end their match?
Performers in WWE and TNA Impact Wrestling are given an approximate amount of time for their match and they are to stay within those time constraints. As for “how they know,” the referees wear wires where producers can communicate with them and they can relay that information to the wrestlers.
If Triple H feels he will wrestle when needed, is that what he feels he is needed for? A feud with Kevin Nash? Wouldn’t it make more sense to have Hunter help put over some of the younger talent?
Triple H made the comment he would wrestle when needed and while I think I understand his point, he left it wide open. Given the “does he have a pulse?” angle they did on last night’s Raw Supershow, it looks like they plan on programming Hunter and Kevin Nash for a match at Survivor Series. I’ve been a loud critic against Kevin Nash getting a singles match in WWE and it should be noted nothing has been made official.
Why is WWE using The Rock at Survivor Series to team with John Cena and face Awesome Truth? Couldn’t WWE find a more suitable opponent for The Rock?
The Rock competing before Wrestlemania XXVIII next year is a mistake. While it increases the interest in Survivor Series, I feel it hurts Wrestlemania and makes his return in the main event against John Cena “less special.” The Miz and R-Truth have a tremendous opportunity and hopefully it will help them so using The Rock is not a complete waste. For more on why I am against The Rock working before Wrestlemania, you can read a lengthy piece I wrote about it at this link. It’s also worth noting the original plan, according to WWE, was to have The Rock in a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series match.
Seriously can the WWE not write decent storylines or events anymore? Big Show gets superplexed by Mark Henry and the ring breaks. The whole thing was nearly a exact copy of when Big Show and Brock Lesnar did it. Does WWE think we are idiots?
There are some things that can be replicated and still have a positive effect and I feel having the ring break is one of those things. It’s not every day it happens and the incident involving Big Show and Lesnar was seven or eight years ago. Try not to be overly critical of the product because if you start hating everything that is done more than once you’ll find out that most things have been done before.
Would you agree that Daniel Bryan is the weakest wrestler ever to win the Money in the Bank briefcase, and there is no way this guy will ever hold a World Heavyweight championship? If did he ever win, it would be the shortest reign.
Daniel Bryan’s WWE career has already been filled with many ups and downs. When WWE put him over for the Smackdown Money in the Bank briefcase back in July I hoped it was part of a plan to elevate him. So far, he’s actually regressed in status and was reduced to putting Wade Barrett over in a dark match prior to Sunday’s WWE Vengeance pay-per-view. We can only hope there’s a “big picture” push for Bryan but I am not overly optimistic.
With WWE giving the WWE Championship to Alberto Del Rio at SummerSlam, taking it off at Night of Champions and then giving it back again at Hell In A Cell, do you feel the company has some concern towards him being a main event talent and are testing the waters with him now as he went over Cena at Vengeance?
WWE doesn’t have confidence in Alberto Del Rio as WWE Champion and I disagree with the fact they haven’t let him beat John Cena clean. As soon as it looks like WWE has finally given Del Rio the green light they make sure he doesn’t get a clean victory against Cena. As the storyline went on Sunday, Cena actually won the match but was screwed because The Miz and R-Truth distracted the referee from making the count. This is the kind of stuff that makes fans hate Cena and holds people like Del Rio from breaking through the glass ceiling.
Is Triple H going to use the sledgehammer shots and storyline injury as a reason to be off WWE’s UK tour next month?
The storyline timetable is “at least 6 weeks” so it appears not only is Hunter not in the plans to work Survivor Series but he’s not going to be on the United Kingdom tour. I haven’t heard future plans for his storyline but it certainly appears the company is building towards a program with Kevin Nash.
Why is the WWE trying to get rid of Rey Mysterio with Sin Cara? Rey is only 37 years old.
Rey Mysterio was upset and actually requested his release from WWE in March which got the wheels in motion to sign Sin Cara. WWE brought Cara in and quickly learned it’s not going to be easy to replace one of the best in-ring workers of all-time. However, despite denying our report of requesting his release, Mysterio is out because of a legitimate knee injury he suffered after he had already worked out his issues with WWE. As things currently stand Mysterio is rehabbing his knee (which has had complications and more surgery) in hopes of being able to compete at Wrestlemania XXVIII next year in Miami.
What are the odds that WWE owns stock in Twitter? They seem to be promoting Twitter more than their own product lately. What are they trying to accomplish with all the Twitter hype?
WWE doesn’t have a stake in Twitter but as I reported here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com Premium on October 13th, Vince McMahon’s latest “kick” is to make Raw Supershow a more interactive show. As I Tweeted Monday night, I had no idea when I reported this that it would become a focal point of the show and certainly feel they are going overboard. Even Joey Styles noted on Twitter that WWE was promoting the social networking platform more than their own website.
Do you have any information on Tough Enough? Is there another season planned?
As of this writing there are no plans for season two of WWE Tough Enough, at least I haven’t heard of anything concrete. If there is a second season it would involve the same trainers and core cast. I’m told Vince McMahon was disappointed with Tough Enough’s job in creating/developing new talent, however, I do not know if that has played a part in whether or not there is a second season. McMahon has said there will be a new one hour live show airing before Raw Supershow and while one would assume that would be in Tough Enough’s timeslot on USA, I haven’t heard for sure. We should get more details in a company conference call next week.
With Jim Ross being embarrassed almost every week, why doesn’t Jerry Lawler, one of his best friends, walk out of WWE?
Why would Jerry Lawler quit his job over the way WWE treats Jim Ross? I completely disagree with the way Vince McMahon treats JR – everything from leaving him in the dark over crucial decisions to scripting embarrassing angles that he finds out about as they air on live television. However, the bottom line is Jim Ross continues to come back. With all due respect, as long as JR comes back, he allows it to happen. I also find it extremely hypocritical given WWE’s “Be a Star” anti-bullying campaign.
What is your opinion of Mason Ryan?
Mason Ryan has a great look but I haven’t seen much else. I’ve been criticized on my personal Facebook page for teasing his Wellness but I know I’m not the only one wondering if he’ll continue to look like that in accordance with the WWE Wellness Policy.
Do you think Vince McMahon will stay true to his word and bury all the Chris Benoit footage once the WWE Network launches? Chris did a horrible thing but some of his matches were awesome.
I have deliberately stayed away from Chris Benoit questions for years because I really don’t feel like debating it. However, today I’m going to break that and give you my thoughts. Chris Benoit murdered his wife and 7-year-old son before taking his own life. To nonchalantly say he “did a horrible thing” is an understatement to say the least. While I understand Benoit had some great matches I also understand why WWE wants to stay away from airing them. As great of a worker Benoit was in the ring it doesn’t change the fact he was a cold-blooded killer. Head injuries, high testosterone levels, steroid use, etc. none of it excuses his crimes and no matter what he did in the ring, his legacy will forever be marred by the heinous things he did in the final days of his life. I’ve had enough of people asking about Benoit matches or lobbying for his place in the WWE Hall of Fame. He should never be honored because he was not an honorable person.
The official WWE website has teased the company should bring back the Hardcore Championship. With the company being PG do you think it would be silly to bring back a title for a match that’s almost impossible to have under the new conditions?
WWE posted a teaser article about the Hardcore Championship yesterday on their official website at this link. The piece looks at Cody Rhodes bringing back the classic white Intercontinental Championship belt (which is awesome) and says they want to see the Hardcore title brought back to the company. It reminds me of the stuff featured in WWE Magazine where you can’t tell if it’s something serious or just banter written to get a buzz going amongst fans. As for my thoughts, the last thing WWE needs is another useless title. The WWE United States Championship and WWE Intercontinental Championship hold little to no significance and are hardly more than props to their respective holders. WWE’s idea of hardcore in 2011 is vastly different from hardcore in the Attitude Era and I agree it would be very difficult to book the title under PG conditions.
With John Cena’s new “Rise Above Hate” t-shirt is it almost guaranteed that Cena won’t turn on The Rock at Survivor Series?
There are no guarantees in this business. I have not heard of the creative plans for the pairing of John Cena and The Rock at Survivor Series but I expect WWE to use the opportunity to continue the build towards their main event match at Wrestlemania XXVIII. The match will likely go on as the Survivor Series main event and would be best-executed with heat between the team. As for Cena turning heel, which people are already speculating again, it’s one of those things I’ll have to see to believe. WWE has remained committed to the John Cena character despite pressure from all sides to do something drastic.
With Dixie Carter, Janice Carter, Vince Russo, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Jeff Jarrett all at the helm of TNA Impact Wrestling, it seems there are “too many cooks in the kitchen.” Who is running TNA and what is the decision making process like?
You can go ahead and add Bruce Prichard’s name to that list as well. There are absolutely way too many authority figures in TNA Impact Wrestling and I don’t know if people backstage know who is running the show. Janice Carter is in control of the company checkbook so she’s the most important part of the entire chain of command. Dixie is torn between all camps as she wants people to like her and really is a nice person. The problem with that is nice people do not do well in a business controlled by backstabbing politics. There is an alliance between Vince Russo and Jeff Jarrett as well as one between Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff. This is why there are battles such as, what is the company called? TNA? Impact Wrestling? TNA Impact Wrestling? No one really knows because everyone has a different idea. Sometimes Hogan and Bischoff have the say on what goes on while other times they are left in the dark (such as the hiring of Dave Lagana). I’ve also heard multiple stories about the alliances of Jarrett/Russo and Hogan/Bischoff trying to push the other out while subtly trying to look like they get along in a functional relationship.
Do you think Christian is getting a raw deal holding the World Heavyweight Champion for two short runs, and would he be better off going back to TNA Impact Wrestling? I see no chance of Christian regaining the World title in the foreseeable future and is stuck being an upper-card jobber.
Christian has been established as a top guy on Smackdown, there is no such thing as an upper-card jobber (although I understand the point you are trying to make). There are concerns about the direction of his character, coming out of his feud with Randy Orton strapless and now doing jobs in a program with Sheamus. However, I’d rather work with the top guys in WWE rather than taking a tremendous risk by going to what I see as an unstable situation in TNA Impact Wrestling. Let’s also not forget the financial aspect of all this as Christian returned to WWE, even at the risk of being humbled (which was a reality), because of the fact he would be making more money.