- Barring a major overhaul in plans or an injury, The Rock will defend the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 29 against John Cena. This is the direction Vince McMahon has been leaning in for months and was all but confirmed here on January 14, 2013. – Ted DiBiase was backstage at Royal Rumble as were […]
- After Royal Rumble went off the air, The Rock got on the mic. He said referee Mike Chioda told him to position himself in front of the Wrestlemania 29 sign for a camera shot. He said, “excuse me but I’m talking to Phoenix.” The crowd erupted as he thanked everyone. Rock closed by saying it […]
- Chris Jericho has had open communication with WWE since leaving last year. His name was brought up a couple of times but a deal couldn’t be reached to return. They hid him well in Phoenix so no one would know and got him out quick before it could leak. – Mark Henry was backstage […]
If you missed the Royal Rumble Pre-Show match between Antonio Cesaro and The Miz for the United States Championship, you can watch it in the video embedded below: [youtube id="N6kCmOgqmn0" width="620" height="360"]
Below are full results from the 2013 30-man Royal Rumble match: Order of Entrants: 1) Dolph Ziggler 2) Chris Jericho 3) Cody Rhodes 4) Kofi Kingston 5) Santino Marella 6) Drew McIntyre 7) Titus O’Neil 8) Goldust 9) David Otunga 10) Heath Slater 11) Sheamus 12) Tensai 13) Brodus Clay 14) Rey Mysterio 15) Darren […]
- Dustin Rhodes, working as Goldust, was a surprise entrant in the 30-man Royal Rumble match as he entered at number eight. – Santino Marella returned from a neck injury as entrant number five but was quickly eliminated by Cody Rhodes.
Chris Jericho returned to WWE in the 30-man Royal Rumble match on Sunday night. Jericho was announced as entrant number two as a surprise. Dolph Ziggler was entrant number one.
- The announced attendance for Sunday’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view was 15,103. The show was a legitimate sellout from the US Airways Center in Phoenix, Arizona. – Carlito isn’t returning to be a surprise entrance in the 30-man Royal Rumble match. – Bret Hart made a cameo at Royal Rumble in a backstage segment with […]
Embedded in the video below is the 2013 WWE Royal Rumble Pre-Show featuring Antonio Cesaro vs. The Miz for the WWE United States Championship. Make sure you join us at 8 PM EST here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com fo exclusive live play-by-play coverage of Royal Rumble: [youtube id="Y0Q6md_wvC4" width="620" height="360"]
Wrestling News World reader Rainet Lewis was in attendance at Saturday’s WWE Royal Rumble Fan Fest and sent in the following live report: The Royal Rumble Fan Fest was supposed to start at noon; instead there was an hour delay. I did get there about ten minutes after 12. It was raining & it was […]
Mark Henry recently did an interview with Eurosport Turkey while doing promotional work for WWE. The interview, available here, is in Turkish but below are the highlights: Mark claimed his WWE contract runs through Wrestlemania 29 and he plans on honoring it. He said he “thinks” he’ll be cleared on Sunday (Royal Rumble day) but feels it will […]
WWE uploaded video footage of Bo Ballas winning the NXT Tournament at Saturday’s Royal Rumble Fan Fest to earn a spot in Sunday night’s 30-man Royal Rumble match. You can watch it embedded in the video below: [youtube id="EG12iZPH8oc" width="620" height="360"] Dallas is a top WWE developmental prospect and the brother of Bray Wyatt (f/k/a […]
UFC president Dana White is making headlines on wrestling websites after claiming that Brock Lesnar nearly returned to fight Fedor Emelianenko at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas. The MMA world speculates this is what Lesnar’s “meeting” with White was about when Lesnar showed up at UFC 146 in May. I’d love to play along here, […]
- Saturday’s WWE Royal Rumble Fan Fest was moved indoors at the US Airways Center Pavilion due to inclement weather. We have photos from the fan fest online now on our Instagram account. Shots include AJ Lee with developmental Divas, Triple H and Layla. View them all here. – The leg injury that prevented Ric […]
Ryback was featured on Fox 10 out of Arizona to promote WWE Royal Rumble. You can watch the appearance embedded in the video below: [information][/information]