I had the privilege to speak with former WWE star Edge today to promote his upcoming appearance on SyFy's "Haven" on Friday. He will be appearing on the show on Friday as well as three times in September (click here for more). Below is a paraphrased recap of my question and answer segment:
* I asked Edge if there is a chance we could see him on WWE television any time soon. He told me that it was "too soon" and he didn't want to be one of those guys that retires and sticks around every week. Edge said there are no plans for him appear on WWE TV at this time. Edge explained he stuck around after Wrestlemania XXVII for everything to pan out storyline wise.
* Being booked for a SummerSlam Axxess session, I asked if there was a chance we could see him make a cameo on the pay-per-view or even a shot in the crowd. Edge told me that he will not be appearing in any shape, way or form on the pay-per-view. He said after the autograph session he plans on going back and waiting on Christian to go have sushi.
* I asked Edge if he was interested in shedding his WWE character and reestablishing himself as Adam Copeland kind of like what The Rock did with Dwayne Johnson. He told me that he always tried to keep Adam and Edge separate. He said he's always introduced himself as Adam but he would be fine with someone promoting him as Edge. Edge said he would never lose the character much like Dwayne Johnson will never lose The Rock.
* Edge said he would not be interested in an off-air role in WWE - at least not right now. He told me it would be too hard for him to be so close to it yet unable to do it. He said maybe in five or ten years when he's moved far enough away from the reactions and things like that. However, it would involve just as much travel and the more he travels the more his neck hurts.
* He told he does not follow the WWE product but DVRs Smackdown to watch Christian's stuff. The Rated R Superstar said it's still hard to watch it and he's trying to step into everyday life. Edge said he never wanted to live the Edge gimmick.
* I asked if there was anything different Edge would have done with his Wrestlemania XXVII match against Alberto Del Rio had he known it was going to be his lost. Edge told me even that day he wished it would have been a little bit longer. He said even an extra five minutes to work the false finishes because he's a big false finish guy.
* I asked Edge if he was upset about Christian dropping the World Heavyweight Championship to Randy Orton just days after he won it at WWE Extreme Rules. He said knowing the big picture he was fine with it. Edge asked me a rhetorical question - would you rather be the number two babyface or number one heel? He said personally he would rather be the number one heel.
* Finally I talked with Edge about the WWE Hall of Fame. I asked him if he would accept an invitation to be inducted and who would be his inductor. Edge said it would be cool to go in, he certainly wouldn't say no and that it's a gimmie that Christian would induct him.
In addition to the questions I asked him, below is a recap of other questions he answered that I felt were noteworthy:
Edge said he has spent the summer in Nova Scota filming "Haven." He said this is his first full week at home since retiring. Edge also noted that he will be at the 9/13 Smackdown taping but will not be doing anything on-air and that his WWE Studios project "Bending The Rules" will be released in 2012.
** AFTER YOU READ THIS ARTICLE PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD ***
* Click the "Like" button at the top of this post and "Tweet" it if you have Twitter!
* Also, you can find us on Facebook at Facebook.com/WrestlingNewsWorld and on Twitter at Twitter.com/wnwnews!
READER TIPS: Posting Comments | Submissions
Want The Inside Line To Pro Wrestling? - Join WNW Premium