- Wrestling News World reader Bobby McElroy attended last night’s Raw live event in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and sent in the following report:
Justin Gabriel Def. Jack Swagger with a distraction from Dolph Ziggler. Great opener with a lot of false finishes.
Alex Riley Def. Bray Wyatt. A lot of “Boring” and “Who are you?” chants.
Layla def. Beth Phoenix in a WWE Divas Championship Match.
Brodus Clay def. David Otunga. This was a weird match because I thought Clay was exclusive to Smackdown.
Santino Marella def. Dolph Ziggler in a Bethlehem Street fight to retain the US Championship. Jack Swagger came out and attacked Ziggler, leading to the Cobra from Marella. After the match, Swagger tried attacking Dolph but got a Zig-Zag for his efforts. Lots of “Let’s go Ziggler” chants.
Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder def. Primo and Epico with the WWE Tag Team Championship on the line. Before the match, Kofi Kingston announced that R-Truth was not available so Ryder was his replacement. Great match. Primo and Epico originally won with the help of Rosa Mendes throwing Ryder’s foot off the rope after a backstabber from Primo. The finish was reversed when a new referee came out and told the original ref. The match restarted and Ryder and Kingston quickly hit their finishers for the win.
John Cena def. Tensai, Big Show, and John Laurinaitis. Big Show accidentally hit Tensai with the WMD, Cena hit the AA on Big Show and pins Tensai for the win.
Pretty good show with a hot crowd filling up about 90 percent of the arena. Cena obviously got the biggest reaction of the night. I would say the best matches were Gabriel and Swagger and the Tag Team match.
- Wrestling News World reader Douglas Mellott attended last night’s Raw live event in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania and sent in the following report:
WWE House Show Results – Stabler Arena @ Bethlehem, PA – June 22,
- Justin Gabriel defeated Jack Swagger.
- Alex Riley defeated Bray Wyatt (Husky Harris).
- Divas Champion, Layla, defeated Beth Phoenix to retain the title.
- Brodus Clay (with Naomi and Cameron) defeated David Otunga by Disqualification.
- U.S. Champion, Santino Marella, defeated Dolph Ziggler in a “Bethlehem Street Fight” match.
- Tag Team Champions, Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder (subbing for R-Truth), defeated Epico and Primo (with Rosa Mendes). Epico and Primo won the tag team titles initially until another referee came in and told Charles Robinson that Kofi’s foot was on the rope and therefore the match restarted as Ryder and Kofi simultaneously pinned both to retain the belts.
- John Cena defeated John Laurinaitis, Tensai and The Big Show in a
“3-on-1 Handicap” match when Cena pinned Tensai.
- Approx. 6,000 was in attendance. Don’t know exact number but the building was nearly sold-out except for the entrance area which was blocked out.
- Matt Stryker was the ring announcer.
- Most Heat: John Laurenitis
- Biggest Pop: John Cena (Obviously)