I was in attendance for last night's WWE house show in Saint John, NB so here is a bigger report on what went down.
1) Cesaro/Sheamus (c) def. The Revival to retain the Tag Titles
- The champs played the faces in the match and got a huge reaction. They mocked the Revival's hug and kept going back-and-forth with more "risky" hugs including one from the top rope by the challengers. The finish came when the champs were able to retain via pinfall.
2) Jason Jordan def. Elias Samson
- Samson had a TON of heel heat and he sung a new ditty about how much he hated Saint John.
- Jordan got a bunch of "Who's your daddy?" chants so he appealed to them by doing Kurt Angle's little spinning pose move.
- Jordan got the win following that pop-up neckbreaker thing he does.
3) Alexa Bliss (c) def. Nia Jax and Sasha Banks to retain the Women's Title
- Alexa Bliss is absolutely gorgeous live and her facial reactions with Nia Jax were priceless.
- Sasha Banks was SUPER over.
- Bliss got the win by rolling up Banks after she had Nia in the Bank Statement.
Enzo Amore came out and cut a funny promo before calling out Big Cass for a fight. There was a brief struggle until Cass laid him out and left the ring.
4) Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins def. The Club
- Seth Rollins didn't make it on time to the show in Halifax the previous night so he told the crowd before the bout started that Ambrose wasn't in the building for this one. The crowd did not like that.
- After Rollins wrestled the Club by himself for a bit, Dean Ambrose's music hit and the crowd went nuts. Ambrose got the win with Dirty Deeds.
5) Neville (c) def. Akira Tozawa to retain the Cruiserweight Title
- Fun match. The "HA" chants were in full effect and Neville was masterful at controlling the crowd.
- Neville won with the Rings of Saturn.
6) Finn Balor def. Bray Wyatt by DQ
- Bray and Finn got some of the biggest reactions of the night. Both got cheered but Bray managed to get the crowd to turn on him later in the bout.
- Bray gave Finn a DX crotch chop and Finn responded with one of his own.
- Balor won via DQ when Bray hit him with a steel chair.
- After the match, Balor took him down and hit the Coup de Grace.
7) Roman Reigns def. Braun Strowman and Samoa Joe in a triple threat match
- To no one's surprise, Roman was booed out of the building. I'd say Strowman got the most positive reaction followed by Joe.
- The finish saw the steel steps come into play and Roman spearing Joe for the win.
- Afterwards, Roman stuck around to take a bunch of pictures with people.
Overall, this may have been the best live event I've ever attended. Everyone had their working boots on, the crowd was packed and lively and there was a lot of fun stuff.
Here are some pictures from the show courtesy of Mariah Lirette (click to ENLARGE):