Wrestling News World reader Alex Flores attended last night’s WWE Smackdown live event at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California and sent in the following report:
* The Great Khali b. Jinder Mahal in pretty much the same match they had on this week’s Smackdown. After the match, Cody Rhodes attacked The Great Khali, then cut a promo on winning the upcoming Smackdown Elimination Chamber match.
* Ezekiel Jackson b. Hunico via disqualification when Camacho interfered. After the match, Hunico and Camacho attacked Jackson, but Ted Dibiase made the save, setting up the next match.
* Ted Dibiase & Ezekiel Jackson b. Hunico & Camacho. Dibiase won by hitting Dream Street on Hunico.
* Alicia Fox b. Natalya
* Heath Slater came out to cut a promo on Hornswoggle, promising to take him out the next time he sees him. Hornswoggle’s music hit and he got into the ring. Instead of fighting, he called for back up, an FCW wrestler named Big E Langston.
* Big E Langston b. Heath Slater. After the match, Cody Rhodes came out again and attacked Langston and Hornswoggle, but Justin Gabriel made the save.
* Intercontinental Championship Match: Cody Rhodes b. Justin Gabriel with Cross Rhodes to retain. Hornswoggle stuck around for this match and was pretty entertaining during the match, getting the crowd involved. After the match, Rhodes attacked Gabriel but The Great Khali came out for the save. Khali knocked out Rhodes and Hornswoggle went up top for a Tadpole Splash on Rhodes.
* Ricardo Rodriguez is announced and he announced the return of Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio cut a promo on his return until Sheamus interrupted. Sheamus challenged Del Rio to a Royal Rumble winners match, but Del Rio declined and decided to have an Arm Wrestling match between the two instead.
*Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio in a Arm Wrestling match ended in a no contest when Ricardo got involved. Del Rio fled but Ricardo was left behind and took a Brogue Kick from Sheamus.
* World Heavyweight Championship Match: The Big Show b. Daniel Bryan via disqualification. This match had a lot of playing to the crowd, without a whole lot of actual wrestling. Bryan continually went in and out the ring and grabbed a mic at one point to call out a fan who had meat on his pizza. The disqualification came when Cody Rhodes (again) and Jinder Mahal ran out and attacked Big Show. Sheamus then ran out to make the save.
* Main Event – Steel Cage Match: Randy Orton b. Wade Barrett with a RKO. A lot of back and forth action, with all of Orton’s moves done for the crowd. Orton went around giving high fives and posing for the crowd to end the show.