Variety is reporting that WWE Studios has acquired US distribution and worldwide remake rights to the French comedy “Queens of the Ring.” The French production partnered with Warner Bros and released it theatrically in France as “Les Reines Du Ring" last summer.
“We are excited to acquire distribution and remake rights to a wonderfully entertaining comedy like ‘Queens of the Ring,’” said Michael Luisi, president of WWE Studios. “This film gives WWE Studios the opportunity to introduce a feel good story to a broad audience, while serving up a film we know our core fans will also enjoy.”
According to Variety, the deal was negotiated by Bradley Buchanan. The publication lists all of the upcoming WWE Studios projects. They are as follows:
- “Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery” out on home video on March 25
- "The Fall Guy" starring The Rock
- "Jingle All the Way" sequel
- "The Marine" sequel starring The Miz & Summer Rae
- “Leprechaun: Origins" starring Hornswoggle out in August
- "See No Evil 2" starring Kane in October
Click here for coverage by Variety.