- The latest episode of The Evolution of Punk is embedded in the video above. The series has been airing of FOX Sports 1 on Monday nights ahead of CM Punk's UFC debut fight against Mickey Gall. In this episode, Punk is cleared to return to train after a shoulder injury and he learns of his first UFC opponent. Aside from all of that, Punk is driving our coverage of UFC which will hopefully continue even after UFC 203. He has a lot of haters but there are a lot of people at Duke Roufus's that respect the heck out of him for his work ethic.
- Here’s video of Punk at UFC 203 Media Day in Milwaukee. Punk can’t wait until his first fight is over because he’s ready due to his extensive training. He’s excited and a has little bit of nervous energy but it’s all positive. Punk realizes people think he’s going to get knocked out. Unlike his first wrestling match, where you’re trying to memorize everything, sparring is more about muscle memory and is relaxing to Punk. Punk doesn’t care if someone makes fun of his technique or criticizes his punches. It doesn’t matter because as long as he lands them, that’s all that matters. Punk is comfortable in front of the cameras, lights and in front of people. To him, it’s about wanting and almost needing to do something to prove that he can do it. It’s not about the destination but about the journey.
- We’re hard at work on the revamp of WNW Premium. We’re really developing something that is groundbreaking and going to change the game in terms of subscription based content on a professional wrestling website. The price points are changing, as we’re going to have more options and different rates. You can still lock in your price at the current going rate, in addition to taking advantage of our $4.95/month deal for 18 months, at the SIGNUP and RENEWAL page. We’re expecting the revamp to launch on Monday, barring any speed bumps.
- Daniel Bryan followed up on one of the best WWE segments of the year [that aired last week on Talking Smack] about the altercation with The Miz. In a worked shoot, Bryan said he probably shouldn’t have said the things that he did to The Miz. He said Miz was right and that he feels healthy and if he had the guts, he would quit [WWE] and do the indies. But he probably wouldn’t do bingo halls but more like Tokyo Domes. Bryan said he has his health to worry about as he and Brie Bella are trying to get pregnant so there’s that turmoil. He said Miz knows how to press his buttons and pressed all of them and that is why WWE isn’t allowing them to do anything together on TV anymore.
- In addition to that, Bryan announced The Miz will defend the WWE Intercontinental Championship against Dolph Ziggler next month at Backlash. Below is the updated lineup:
* Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles for the WWE Championship
* The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Intercontinental Championship
* Nikki Bella vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Natalya vs. Becky Lynch vs. Naomi vs. Carmella for the Smackdown Women’s Championship
* Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt
* Finals of Smackdown Tag Team Championship Tournament
WWE Backlash, an all Smackdown pay-per-view, will take place on Sunday, September 11, 2016 at the Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, Virginia.
- There is a story making rounds about Alberto Del Rio giving his notice to WWE and that he won’t be back. This is nothing new and something we’ve been following for quite some time. Del Rio’s contract is up in October and it’s believed that he will not be used again and will just sit out the remainder of the deal once his Wellness suspension is up. Vince McMahon wanted Del Rio back, gave him a good deal but it was Triple H that killed his push. Hunter didn’t like Del Rio and felt like they couldn’t push him because he was going to leave this fall anyway. Vince wanted to heat back up on him prior to the Draft but ultimately, Triple H won out. You can read more about the situation in our Members content.
- Renee Young’s visit with “The Slaters” has raised some interest in exactly who is the wife of Heath Slater. Being from West Virginia and given the fact I have mutual friends with Slater’s wife (I don’t know her personally), I thought this was pretty funny. Here’s what she tweeted:
Man, I must've missed something special last night on #SDLive. 100 new followers in like 12 hours??
— stephie jean (@meanstephiejean) August 31, 2016
- The all kayfabe segment from Smackdown can be watched in the video embedded below:
— WWE (@WWE) August 31, 2016
- Rhyno required eight stitches to close a laceration after his tag team match with Heath Slater against the returning Headbangers last night on Smackdown.
- Finn Balor was at the WWE Performance Center in a full sling yesterday in Orlando, Florida. You can see a photo at this link.
- Rusev and Lana aren’t scheduled for TV next week or the upcoming tour of London, Manila and Shanghai as they are headed to Bulgaria this week for their second wedding.
- After this week’s Smackdown Live went off the air, John Cena & Roman Reigns beat Seth Rollins & Bray Wyatt in a dark match main event. It looks like WWE will continue to cross talent over brands for dark match main events. At least for the foreseeable future.
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…