TNA Wrestling just added a new job posting to their official website. The company is seeking a "Writer/Producer". As I questioned on my Facebook page, could this be trying to fill the void of Eric Bischoff? Below is the official job description or check it out at this link:
The Writer/Producer will be responsible for the creative content and scripts of television content. He/She will work with a team of writers who will produce original, compelling content for broadcast.
- Develop and implement creative storylines for broadcast on TNA television broadcast.
- Build compelling stories that capture the audience.
- Consistently improve and refine storylines.
- Use consumer insights and social media to deliver impactful storylines that are consistent with the TNA brand and each talent’s skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- A creative, original thinker with great programming instincts.
- Minimum of 3 years writing and production experience in television preferred.
- Deep understanding of pop culture, trends, and topical events, especially as they relate to television programming.
- Writing and directing reality television a plus.
- An experimental, risk-taking mindset. Must be open to thinking outside of traditional television formats and outside of the traditional linear television model.
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Ability to communicate story lines, including vision and strategy, effectively with senior management, writing and production teams, and external parties.
- Awareness of, and potential passion for, TNA content.
Please submit resumes and any other applicable material to firstname.lastname@example.org with Writer/Producer in the subject line.
TNA is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons because of age, race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, ethnic or national origin, or veteran status. TNA prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities and will reasonably accommodate applicants with a disability, upon request, and will also ensure reasonable accommodation for employees with a disability.