Charles Oliveira weighed in nine pounds over the 146-pound featherweight limit at the weigh-in on Friday for UFC Fight Night 98. Despite this, his fight against Ricardo Lamas, who weighed in at 146, is still a go. MMAJunkie.com reports Oliveira has been fined 30 percent of his purse, which goes to Lamas and he’s not permitted to weigh more than 165 pounds on fight night.
Felipe Arantes weighed in two pounds over the 136-pound limit and was fined 20 percent of his purse, which goes to his opponent Erik Perez.
Here are complete weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (Airing on Fox Sports 1):
- Rafael dos Anjos (156) vs. Tony Ferguson (154)
- Marcin Held (156) vs. Diego Sanchez (156)
- Ricardo Lamas (146) vs. Charles Oliveira (155) - See above about Oliveira
- Martin Bravo (155) vs. Claudio Puelles (156)
- Beneil Dariush (156) vs. Rashid Magomedov (156)
- Heather Jo Clark (116) vs. Alexa Grasso (116)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Fox Sports 1)
- Felipe Arantes (138) - See above about Arantes vs. Erik Perez (136)
- Marco Beltran (139) vs. Joe Soto (140)
- Max Griffin (171) vs. Erick Montano (170)
- Henry Briones (136) vs. Douglas Silva de Andrade (133)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)
- Sam Alvey (186) vs. Alex Nicholson (186)
- Marco Polo Reyes (155) vs. Jason Novelli (156)
- Chris Avila (146) vs. Enrique Barzola (146)
Michael Bisping and Kenny Florian previewed UFC Fight Night 98 at this link.