UFC 205 lost a significant fight on Friday when Kelvin Gastelum didn’t even weigh in for his welterweight fight scheduled against Donald Cerrone. It was Gastelum’s third time missing weight for a welterweight fight and as a result, Dana White has said that he’s done at 170 pounds for good. Cerrone is now expected to face Matt Brown in December.
Thiago Alves weighed in at 162.6 pounds for his fight against Jim Miller, well over the 155-pound lightweight limit.
Everyone else, including Eddie Alvarez and Conor McGregor, who weighed in early, made weight. Here’s official weigh-in results:
MAIN CARD (Airing on PPV at 10 PM ET)
UFC Lightweight Championship
* Eddie Alvarez (154.6 lbs.) vs. Conor McGregor (154.4) for Alvarez's title
UFC Welterweight Championship
* Tyron Woodley (169.8) vs. Stephen Thompson (169.8) for Woodley's title
UFC Strawweight Championship
* Joanna Jedrzejczyk (114.4) vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz (114.4) for Jedrzejczyk's title
* Middleweight: Chris Weidman (185.8) vs. Yoel Romero (185.6
* Female Bantamweight: Miesha Tate (135.6) vs. Raquel Pennington (135.8)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Airing on FOX Sports 1 at 8 PM ET)
* Featherweight: Frankie Edgar (145.4) vs. Jeremy Stephens (145.8)
* Lightweight: Khabib Nurmagomedov (155.8) vs. Michael Johnson (155.8)
* Middleweight: Tim Boetsch (185.4) vs. Rafael Natal (185.4)
* Welterweight: Vicente Luque (170.6) vs. Belal Muhammad (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Airing on UFC Fight Pass at 7 PM ET)
* Catchweight: Thiago Alves (162.6, turning the fight into a catchweight bout) vs. Jim Miller (157.6)
* Female Bantamweight: Liz Carmouche (134.8) vs. Katlyn Chookagian (135)
UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor is Saturday from Madison Square Garden in New York City. We’ll have complete coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
We would like to encourage you to download our *FREE* pro wrestling and mixed martial arts news app! It's available in the Apple App Store and in Google Play. Once you download and love it, please submit a review! Thank you for your support!