New Japan Pro Wrestling held their biggest show of the year, Wrestle Kingdom 11, on Wednesday from the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan. Attendance was announced at 26,192. The show featured the following title changes: Roppongi Vice won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship, Roppongi Vice won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship, Los Ingobernables de Japon won the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship, Adam Cole won the ROH World Championship, Chaos won the IWGP Tag Team Championship, Hiromu Takahashi won the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship, Hirooki Goto won the NEVER Openweight Championship.
Champions that retained included Tetsuya Naito, who retained the IWGP Intercontinental Championship and Kazuchika Okada, who retained the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.
Below are match results:
Wrestle Kingdom 11 Results
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
From the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan
Report by Richard Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com
Match One (Pre-Show): New Japan Rumble
- Michael Elgin defeated Billy Gunn, Bone Soldier, Cheeseburger, Hiro Saito, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Jushin Thunder Liger, Kuniaki Kobayashi, Manabu Nakanishi, Ryusuke Taguchi, Scott Norton, Tiger Mask, Yoshitatsu and Yuji Nagata at 25:13. Order of entry (eliminated by): Michael Elgin (winner), Billy Gunn (Eglin), Bone Soldier (Cheeseburger), Cheeseburger (Elgin), Jushin Thunder Liger (Tiger Mask), Kuniaki Kobayashi (Tiger Mask), Tiger Mask (Taguchi), Manabu Nakanishi (multiple workers), Ryusuke Taguchi (Norton), Yoshitatsu (Nagata), Yuji Nagata (Saito), Hiroyoshi Tenzan (Eglin), Hiro Saito (Eglin), Scott Norton (Eglin)
Match Two: Singles Match
- Tiger Mask W (with Suzuko Mimori) defeated Tiger the Dark at 6:34
Match Three: Tag team Match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship
- Roppongi Vice (Beretta and Rocky Romero) defeated The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship at 12:57
Match Four: Gauntlet Match for the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Bushi, Evil and Sanada) defeated David Finlay, Ricochet and Satoshi Kojima (c), Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page and Yujiro Takahashi) and Chaos (Jado, Will Ospreay and Yoshi-Hashi) to win the NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Championship. Eliminations: Jado of Chaos pinned by Yujiro Takahashi after Pimp Juice at 7:30, Yujiro Takahashi of Bullet Club eliminated by Sanada when he tapped in Skull End at 9:36 and Satoshi Kojima of Finlay/Richochet/Kojima eliminated by Evil via pinfall at 16:06.
Match Five: Singles Match
- Cody defeated Juice Robinson at 9:37
Match Six: Singles Match for ROH World Championship
- Adam Cole defeated Kyle O'Reilly to win the ROH World Championship at 10:14. O'Reilly worked the show without a ROH contract.
Match Seven: Three-way Tag Team Match for the IWGP Tag Team Championship
- Chaos (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) defeated Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Roa) (c) and G.B.H. (Togi Makabe and Tomoaki Honma) to win the IWGP Tag Team Championship at 12:24
Match Eight: Singles Match for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship
- Hiromu Takahashi defeated Kushida to win the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship at 16:15
Match Nine: Singles Match for the NEVER Openweight Championship
- Hirooki Goto defeated Katsuyori Shibata to win the NEVER Openweight Championship at 16:17
Match 10: Singles Match for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship
- Tetsuya Naito defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi to retain the IWGP Intercontinental Championship at 25:25
Match 11: Singles Match for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship
- Kazuchika Okada (c) (with Gedo) defeated Kenny Omega (with Matt Jackson and Nick Jackson) to retain the IWGP Heavyweight Championship at 46:45