- WWE Raw will take place live tonight from the Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Brock Lesnar, the hometown hero, will appear live to respond to Bill Goldberg as the build to their Survivor Series main event continues. As for the rest of tonight’s broadcast, it will be the final charge to Sunday’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view. Make sure to join us here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com starting at 8 PM EDT for streaming live results and your discussion.
- Speaking of Hell in a Cell, Enzo Amore and Big Cass will face Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson at the show in Boston, MA on Sunday.
- While Dan Henderson retired from mixed martial arts after his fight against Michael Bisping earlier this month, another great appears to be at the end of his career. Uriah Faber told The MMA Hour on Monday that he plans to retire after his fight against Brad Pickett at UFC on FOX 22 in his hometown of Sacramento, California on December 17, 2016. Faber (33-10) has fought for nearly thirteen years but has just one win in his last four fights, three in his last seven. Jimmie Rivera beat him last month via unanimous decision at UFC 203. Faber plans to call it quits regardless of the outcome.
- Are you not a UFC fan yet? The promotion has given you a great chance to check out what they’re all about by posting Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz 2 at UFC 202 for free at this link. UFC 202 was probably the greatest event in UFC history and was recently reflected as such on their official website.
- Jon Jones is hoping to get a significant reduction to the sanction he faces from the Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) due to his failed drug test prior to his fight (which was pulled from the card) against Daniel Cormier at UFC 200. The claim from Jones’s camp is that he took a product that included the two estrogen blockers but they were not labeled. They also claim the USADA, the organization that handles UFC’s drug testing, has found the same thing. Jones’s hearing with the NAC is scheduled for October 31, 2016 where he faces as much as a one-year suspension.
- WWE officials are being urged by fans to sign James Ellsworth to a full-time contract. Apparently the surge is being led by the PWInsider.com website, which pointed towards his merchandise sales since he began appearing on Smackdown. We are unable to confirm a contract at press time.
- The Los Angeles Times noted that Randy Orton sold his 2,600 square foot home in a gated community St. Charles, Missouri for $775,000. You can check out pictures at this link.
- WWE surveyed their fan council, asking specifically if they watched the following independent promotions: Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, CHIKARA, EVOLVE, Dragon Gate USA, Ohio Valley Wrestling, All American Wrestling, Combat Zone Wrestling, Shimmer, Ring of Honor and Full Impact Pro.
- If you missed our live event results, Kalisto returned to WWE at Saturday night’s Smackdown show in Sioux City, Iowa. He went over Tyler Breeze and has been out since August with a back injury.
- Well, this is awkward. John Cena was asked at the Phoenix Comic Con over the weekend what his favorite food is… Innocent enough, right? Well, here’s Cena’s response:
I CANT BREATHE pic.twitter.com/G3dgEKwwOM
— (@mannixxbella) October 23, 2016
- Chris Jericho will release a new book titled, “No Is a Four-Letter Word: How I Failed Spelling but Succeeded in Life,” that will be released in August 2017.