Welcome to my final entry in this six part series. I will notate five points of interest that are unique to every individual WrestleMania during it’s three decade run. These are moments, matches, or facts that help that year’s WrestleMania stick out from the rest. For the final entry in the series, I will cover WrestleMania 26 through WrestleMania 30.
WrestleMania 26 (March 28, 2010)
- The last Money In The Bank Ladder Match took place here, and it resulted in Jack Swagger walking out with the briefcase.
- Bret Hart made his WrestleMania return after a decade absence. He beat Vince McMahon in a quick match that saw the entire Hart family getting their revenge on the evil boss.
- Chris Jericho retained the World Heavyweight Championship after beating his former partner and that year's Royal Rumble winner, Edge.
- John Cena won the WWE Championship from Batista.
- Shawn Michaels lost in his rematch against the Undertaker. It was under No Disqualification, No Count Out rules. Also, Shawn Michaels would have to retire if he couldn't beat Undertaker. This would be Shawn Michaels' last match.
WrestleMania 27 (April 3, 2011)
- Unknowingly, Edge competed in his final match with WWE. He retired as World Heavyweight Champion after successfully defending the title against Alberto Del Rio in the opening contest at this year's WrestleMania.
- The MTV reality star, Snooki, competed and won her only match with WWE.
- Undertaker defended the streak against Triple H in a violent No Holds Barred Match. During the match, an illegal chair shot was used, and both men were fined for the direct blow to the head.
- The Rock hosted this year's WrestleMania.
- The Miz vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship ended in a double count out. The Rock then restarted the match under No Disqualification, No Count Out rules. The Rock then cost John Cena the win, allowing The Miz to retain the championship.
WrestleMania 28 (April 1, 2012)
- Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds, creating the shortest World Heavyweight Championship Match in WWE history. It was also the opening contest.
- Kelly Kelly and Extra correspondent Maria Menounos beat Divas Champion Beth Phoenix and Eve. Maria Menounos pinned Beth Phoenix to end the match.
- CM Punk retained the WWE Championship from Chris Jericho via submission. This is CM Punk's last championship match at WrestleMania.
- A match tagged as "The End of An Era," saw Triple H vs. Undertaker in one final match. It was contested in a Hell In A Cell with Shawn Michaels as the Special Guest Referee. Undertaker would still win, and the final image of the match would be all three men hugging at the end of the ramp.
- The Rock vs. John Cena became the only match to be announced a year in advance. It was hyped as "Once In A Lifetime." The Rock would surprise everyone with a victory over John Cena to end the night.
WrestleMania 29 (April 7, 2013)
- For the first time, WrestleMania 29 was streamed on mobile devices through the WWE app and on Xbox Live. The event also set a new record for the highest grossing live event in WWE history, grossing $72 million.
- Fandango made his in-ring debut beating Chris Jericho.
- This would be Brock Lesnar’s first WrestleMania match since his return last year and he lost to Triple H.
- Undertaker defeated CM Punk to defend his streak one more time. The match revolved around the real life death of Paul Bearer. This would also be CM Punk's final WrestleMania with WWE.
- John Cena vs. The Rock 2 happened at this year's event. The match was for the WWE Championship with The Rock as WWE Champion. John Cena would redeem his loss last year and regain the WWE Championship.
WrestleMania 30 (April 6, 2014)
- The is the first pay per view streamed over the WWE Network.
- Hulk Hogan was the host for this year's WrestleMania. As host, Hulk Hogan announced a new inaugural event for WrestleMania known as the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Cesaro became the very first winner by last eliminating Big Show.
- AJ Lee's first WrestleMania match was at this event, and she successfully defended her Divas Championship in the Vickie Guerrero Invitational. Thus, continuing her historic reign as champion another night.
- Brock Lesnar conquered the Undertaker's streak at this year's WrestleMania.
- Daniel Bryan opened the show in a match against Triple H, and closed it with a WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match against Randy Orton and Batista. Daniel Bryan would become champion, and be only the second person in WWE history to open and close a WrestleMania. The first being Bret Hart from WrestleMania 10.
I hope you enjoyed the final part of my six part series. If you have any other moments or facts you believe should be shared or mentioned in this article, put them in the comments below, I know I missed some of your personal favorites. As always, have a good day.