- Randy Orton vs. Bray Wyatt is official for next month’s WWE No Mercy pay-per-view. We went over the other matches confirmed the show in yesterday’s Exclusive Update.
- John Cena, Daniel Bryan and The Bella Twins will appear on NBC’s “Today” show tomorrow morning at 9 AM EDT to promote the premiere of Total Bellas on E. The spinoff of Total Divas will premiere on October 5, 2016.
- Daniel Bryan has been urging fans to tweet WWE to get them to release a Wrestlemania 32 comeback documentary that he filmed. Because Bryan has mentioned it on television, it’s had people wondering whether or not it was all part of a storyline. Bryan tweeted this footage of the documentary on question on Wednesday.
- We’ve confirmed that WWE is interested in both Jeff and Matt Hardy. Given the uncertain status of TNA Wrestling, both Hardys addressed whether or not they would be interested in a return in an interview with Sports Illustrated. Here’s an excerpt:
“All the WWE stuff really depends on what happens between now and February with TNA,” admitted Jeff, who is a former WWE world champion. “I just went out to Nashville and recorded six songs, and we’re about to open a store that sells original art work, which is going to be huge. If it feels right and good, I don’t see anything wrong with staying. When you commit to a WWE contract, you’re committing to some serious time away from home. If it were under my terms, there might be a chance, but I’m really not sure. Of course it would be nice, but what we’re doing right now is so much fun. I don’t want to go back to WWE and burn out within four or five months, and having another run as TNA world champion would feel just as good.”
“I am very content at Impact Wrestling,” said Matt. “I don’t know if I trust that Meekmahan, or if he’ll try to stifle my broken brilliance. I’m able to live in my broken universe here at Impact Wrestling to the fullest extent, and Impact Wrestling needs me as their savior, so I’ll do everything I can to help them grow. They’ve had many setbacks in the last few years, but things are changing. I don’t have an end game. Being a celestial being, I live for the moment to fight the Great War, and that is to light the darkness. Right now, I’m able to do that at Impact Wrestling.
- As for the future of TNA Wrestling, things are as bleak as they have ever been. They literally do not have the funds to put on Sunday’s Bound for Glory pay-per-view and a sale has not been completed at press time. There is already talk that TNA has canceled workers for next week’s television tapings and unless a deal gets done by the end of the week, there could very well be no Bound for Glory. If TNA has to cancel their biggest pay-per-view of the year, is unable to fulfill their television contracts, do I really need to even type what that means?
- Billy Corgan stated this morning on The Dan Le Batard Show that Vince McMahon wants to buy TNA Wrestling. We have more information here in our Members content but there are doubts as to whether or not that is true or that Billy doesn’t want to invest anymore of his money. Regardless as to whether or not that is the case, it’s crunch time for TNA.
- We noted earlier this week there has been contact between Bellator MMA and Ryback Reeves (that’s his legal name now) about him fighting for the promotion. There isn’t much else to report as terms of a deal were not even discussed. Ryback is like anyone else, looking to capitalize on his fame from WWE to earn a paycheck. However, CM Punk’s fight against Mickey Gall showed just how difficult the transition can be. Ryback has never fought so he would likely require significant training just to be able to get in there and not embarrass himself.
- There has been no contact between WWE and Rob Van Dam for nearly a year now. He wasn’t contacted over the summer to come back for the brand extension.
- Former Bellator MMA heavyweight champion Alexander Volkov will make his debut with the UFC at UFC Fight Night 99 on November 19, 2016. Volkov, who won Bellator’s season seven heavyweight tournament in 2012, will face Timothy Johnson on the show. MMAJunkie.com first confirmed the fight.
- Jack Hermansson will face Cezar Ferreira at UFC Fight Night 100 in Brazil on November 19, 2016.
- Thiago Santos injured his thigh during his fight against Eric Spicely at UFC Fight Night 95 over the weekend. While Santos only received a 14-day medical suspension, it is expected to take him three to four weeks to recover. Santos tapped out to Spicely at 2:58 of round one in a rear-naked choke.
WNW HD is Now Open! It’s more than a network with more backstage news, more interactive features and an opportunity for readers to connect as passionate fans. For a limited of time you can SIGNUP NOW with a 10% discount by using the coupon code GOHD!