- CM Punk is already back training at Roufusport in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley, who trains with Punk, revealed his status in an interview earlier in the week.
“For sure, he [CM Punk] was in the gym the other day," Woodley said on The MMA Hour. "I was there. I saw his car outside, and I came in, I was going to say what's up to him. And then I guess he was in the shower when I was changing, so I missed him, but yeah he's back in the gym training.”
Punk is coming off a lopsided loss to Mickey Gall at UFC 203 on September 10, 2016. Woodley is currently training for his defense of the UFC Welterweight Championship against Stephen Thompson, which will take place at UFC 205 on November 12, 2016 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Woodley won the title at UFC 201 last July by knocking out Robbie Lawler at 1:01 of the first round of their fight.
- UFC Fight Night 96 featuring John Lineker vs. John Dodson will take place tonight from the Moda Center in Portland, Oregon. Below is the complete card:
Main Card (Fox Sports 1)
* John Dodson vs. John Lineker
* Alex Oliveira vs. Will Brooks
* Joshua Burkman vs. Zak Ottow
* Louis Smolka vs. Brandon Moreno
Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 2)
* Joachim Christensen vs. Luis Henrique da Silva
* Andre Fili vs. Hacran Dias
* Shamil Abdurakhimov vs. Walt Harris
* Keita Nakamura vs. Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos
Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
* Nate Marquardt (186) vs. Tamdan McCrory (185)
* Ion Cutelaba (206) vs. Jonathan Wilson (205)
* Curtis Blaydes (265.5) vs. Cody East (261)
* Kelly Faszholz (134.5) vs. Ketlen Vieira (136)
We'll have complete results from UFC Fight Night 96 tomorrow right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- TMZ Sports recently ran into John Cena and questioned him about the open co-host position for Live With Kelly (vacated by Michael Strahan) and if Vince McMahon would consider bringing CM Punk back to WWE. You can watch at this link or embedded in the video above.
- WWE has announced that Royal Rumble 2017 will take place on Sunday, January 29, 2017 from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The venue last hosted the Rumble pay-per-view nearly 20 years ago in 1997. Tickets go on sale next Friday, October 14, 2016 at 11 AM ET through Ticketmaster.
- TMZ Sports is still attempting to set up a fight between Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor. Check out the latest talk in the following TMZ paparazzi videos: Mayweather on McGregor | McGregor on Mayweather
- WWE released the comedic Wrestlemania 32 comeback documentary per the request of Daniel Bryan. The twenty minute documentary was released in three parts on the company’s official Facebook page and features Bryan wrestling a bear. Here are the links - Part One | Part Two | Part Three
- We’re able to confirm that WWE has released former goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson from his developmental contract. Tomlinson worked as Hugo Knox and was highlighted at the WWE Performance Center in this video.
- TNA Wrestling has not been sold but Bound For Glory will go on tomorrow night as scheduled, the New York Posthas confirmed. According to the Post, a third party funded the pay-per-view and next week’s TV tapings in advance. The rumor is that Billy Corgan and WWE are both engaged in discussions about purchasing the company. We no longer cover TNA on a show-by-show basis due to lack of interest.
WNW HD is Now Open! It’s more than a network with more backstage news, more interactive features and an opportunity for readers to connect as passionate fans. For a limited of time you can SIGNUP NOW with a 10% discount by using the coupon code GOHD!