- WWE No Mercy is this weekend as AJ Styles will defend the WWE World Championship against Dean Ambrose and John Cena. Randy Orton will face Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler will put his career on the line and more. Make plans to join us for our WWE No Mercy “Open Thread” beginning at 8 PM ET on Sunday night.
- UFC has a big card this weekend as well as UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2 will take place from the Manchester Arena in Manchester, England. The show will be headlined by Michael Bisping defending the UFC Middleweight Championship against Dan Henderson in a similar scenario to The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler, except win or lose, this is it for Hendo. Henderson penned a blog where he said win or lose he’s finished and is OK with Saturday being his last fight. You can read it at this link. Check out the chronicle of H-bombs in the video embedded above.
- UFC’s show is significant for the fact that it will air live on pay-per-view at 10 PM ET here in the United States, which is 3 AM Sunday morning in England. One of the biggest reasons WWE hasn’t done a pay-per-view across the pond is because they want to be live at 8 PM ET in the United States. UFC has proved it can be done as tickets for the show sold out quick and they won't be live on pay-per-view until 10 PM ET.
- The 2017 Royal Rumble match will feature 30 participants comprised of Superstars from both Raw and Smackdown. The winner will challenge their brand’s champion at Wrestlemania 33. As noted, Royal Rumble 2017 will take place Sunday, January 29, 2017 in San Antonio, Texas.
- The premiere episode of Total Bellas did 632,000 viewers on E on Wednesday night. That’s right in line with what Total Divas was drawing when it had its finale back in April.
- A crowd got out of hand during an autograph signing for Seth Rollins in a mall in Chile on Thursday. The incident happened at the Ripley Constanera Center Mall when fans overtook security and started stealing merchandise. You can watch video of the melee at this link.
- Big Show talked about his reduced role with WWE in a new interview published by GamesRadar. Here’s what he said about being used as an attraction: "They don't need me right now. They're building Baron Corbin, Big Cass, Braun Strowman. Hopefully they'll give Erick Rowan a chance because I'm a big fan of his. I've done everything I can do, and I have a big WrestleMania spot with Shaq coming up, so I'm sure in January we'll kick that off and I'll be back on TV more. For now they're using me like they should: as an attraction.”
- Alberto Del Rio explained that he began to lose his passion for wrestling during his latest sting with WWE. Paige recently posted a photo of Del Rio , her real life boyfriend, on Instagram with the following caption about him regaining his passion: ”Noooo my love has left me to go back to Newcastle where this photo was taken to wrestle again. What do I do with myself. We are literally inseparable. I know he will kill it there like he did last time but what I will miss it sitting watching him live, seeing his passion for this business finally come back. Watching him enjoy his job again. And obviously enjoying the view he's so handsomeeeeee. *swoon*. Anyways. I love you babe, wish I could be there with the one person that makes me the happiest and makes me feel most loved. I wanna be your shadow againnnn come back and pick me up!!!!”
- WWE announced that former Bundesliga goalkeeper Tim Wiese will team with Cesaro and Sheamus to face The Shining Stars and Bo Dallas in a six-man tag team match at the November 3, 2016 live event in Munich, Germany. Wiese trained for a week at the WWE Performance Center in September and has been working out daily in Cologne. Dot com has more details as well as information on tickets available at this link.
- Ian Entwistle withdrew from his planned preliminary fight at UFC 204 against Rob Font due to illness. FOX Sports 1 will instead air Marc Diariese vs. Luksaz Sajewski.
- The UFC 204 took place this morning in England. Below are the results:
MAIN CARD (PAY-PER-VIEW):
- Michael Bisping (185 lbs.) vs. Dan Henderson (184) for UFC Middleweight Championship
- Vitor Belfort (186) vs. Gegard Mousasi (185)
- Ovince Saint Preux (205) vs. Jimi Manuwa (205)
- Stefan Struve (265) vs. Daniel Omielanczuk (239)
- Mirsad Bektic (144) vs. Russell Doane (145)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1):
*Iuri Alcantara (136) vs. Brad Pickett (136)
*Damian Stasiak (169) vs. Davey Grant (135)
*Leon Edwards (169) vs. Albert Tumenov (169)
*Lukasz Sajeweski vs. Marc Diakiese (156)
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass):
*Danny Roberts (170) vs. Mike Perry (170)
*Leonardo Santos (156) vs. Adriano Martins (155)
- Cyborg continued to use her social media on Thursday to call out Ronda Rousey. Her latest Instagram post where she teases the dream fight is available at this link.