- Daniel Bryan continues to state that he believes he can still wrestle. This is more interesting than people realize as Bryan was intent on getting out of his WWE contract at one point and had envisioned going to New Japan Pro Wrestling. While NJPW never spoke with Bryan directly, they were going through intermediaries. Bryan stated at the time that he had been cleared independently from WWE but there was one test in particular that was of concern. He then accepted two on-air roles with WWE as Smackdown General Manager and co-host of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic, much to the surprise of NJPW. We have full behind the scenes details on what exactly went down online now at WNW HD.
- Speaking of which WNW HD is now open and we’re thrilled to unveil the revamp of Wrestling News World Premium. Here are some stories that we currently have online over there:
- Backstage News On Two Surprising WWE Departures
- What Really Happened Between WWE And Ryback
- Why Daniel Bryan Agreed To Retire From Wrestling Despite NJPW Interest
- WWE Set To Announce Another Release Soon
CLICK HERE to signup now and use the coupon code GOHD for 10% off any subscription package.
- WWE Monday Night Raw is tonight from the Sprint Center Arena in Kansas City, Missouri. WWE is looking at Triple H’s return and Kevin Owens winning the WWE Universal Championship, questioning what is next for Roman Reigns, teasing match three between Cesaro (with a kayfabe injury) and Sheamus and wondering if Bayley is next in line for a WWE Women’s Championship opportunity. Make plans to join our WWE Raw “Open Thread” beginning at 8 PM ET tonight for streaming live results and your discussion right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- John Cena is a Kevin Owensenthusiast.
- We have the complete timeline on Finn Balor’s torn labrum injury. He suffered the injury in the WWE Universal Championship match against Seth Rollins at SummerSlam. Balor knew when his shoulder dislocated that it was serious and he had a lot of pain afterwards. It didn’t stop him from making an appearance on national television the following Monday. He went immediately after that for an MRI, which revealed a significant labrum tear, damage to his biceps and pectoral. In addition to that, fragments of bone were found. Balor received the news at 5 PM that Monday he would need surgery and was immediately scripted to relinquish the WWE Universal Championship on Raw. By 9 PM, WWE had him scheduled for surgery by Dr. Jeffrey Dugas in Birmingham, Alabama on Tuesday. Balor went back to his hotel, checked out and was flown straight to Birmingham. Now, he’s rehabbing twice a day at the WWE Performance Center for four weeks before heading back to Birmingham for more intensive physical therapy and further evaluation.
- The main event to WWE Clash of Championshas leaked. The show, which will be a Raw brand show from the Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, Indiana on September 25, 2016, will be headlined by Kevin Owens defending the WWE Universal Championship against Seth Rollins.
- Shinsuke Nakamura has exceeded the expectations of WWE officials and the feeling is he’s stepped right in where Finn Balor left off as the “face of NXT.” It will be interesting to see how long they keep Nakamura in NXT as Vince McMahon wanted Balor up for months before he was actually called up but Triple H wanted Balor in NXT because he was helping the brand stabilize as a full-time touring entity.
- WWE NXT will travel to Japan for the first time ever for a show in Osaka on Saturday, December 3, 2016. The company is advertising WWE NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura, WWE NXT Women’s Champion Asuka, Bobby Roode and Samoa Joe. Click here for official details.
- Andrade "Cien" Almas attended the CMLL 83rd Anniversary show over the weekend in support of his old CMLL partner La Mascara. Mascara ended up losing his mask at the show, something that happened to Almas last year before going to WWE.
- Congratulations are in order to Brooke Adams as she gave birth to a baby boy over the weekend.
WNW HD is Now Open! It’s more than a network with more backstage news, more interactive features and an opportunity for readers to connect as passionate fans. For a limited of time you can SIGNUP NOW with a 10% discount by using the coupon code GOHD!