- Daniel Bryan appeared on ESPN’s "Off The Top Rope" segment with Jonathan Coachman. He said all of the depression and heartache from his retirement will be shown on the Total Bellas reality series but he’s doing great now. He said it’s tough having to watch matches without being able to get in the ring. He recalled getting frustrated and telling Brie Bella he was going to leave WWE and work the indies but she reminded him they’re trying to start a family. Remember when we reported all of this back in April 2016 here in our Members content? Bryan said he keeps trying to convince people he can wrestle but the hardest part is he’s often trying to convince himself. He was cleared by concussion specialists but flagged by one test and the more he learns about that test, the more he thinks maybe that should not have stopped him. Bryan said he feels everyday like he can wrestle. Bryan also talked about one of the best segments of the year in his exchange with The Miz, filming Total Bellas and more. You can watch the segment in the video above.
- Yes! Yes! Yes! WNW HD is coming soon and will be included with all WNW Premium subscription packages. With the addition is coming brand new price points but you can get on now and lock in your rate. We’re really developing something that is groundbreaking and going to change the game in terms of subscription based content on a professional wrestling website. You can also take advantage of our $4.95/month deal for 18 months, at the SIGNUP and RENEWAL page. We’re expecting the revamp to launch on Monday!
- Roman Reigns topped Pro Wrestling Illustrated's 26th annual "PWI 500." During the evaluation period from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016, Reigns won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Survivor Series (which was then won by Sheamus via a “cash in”) and again on the December 14, 2015 episode of Raw. He beat Brock Lesnar and Dean Ambrose in a triple threat match at Fastlane and Triple H at Wrestlemania 32. AJ Styles lost to him at Extreme Rules in May. Reigns commented when he was informed by PWI’s Dan Murphy: "Thank you, man. It's crazy. Last year, was I what, three or four? To just remain in that same company, to be in that class with those guys, it's world class," he said. "It's a great honor and it goes with a lot of hard work. It's very flattering. It just shows that if you keep your head down and stick to your day-to-day, you grind it out and take the long road, good things happen. It's a great achievement and another great accolade."
- Kalisto is currently battling an undisclosed injury, which is why his match at SummerSlam against Baron Corbin did not happen.
- There continues to be a lot of talk about the finish to Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton at SummerSlam and what exactly happened. Was it intended or was Brock shooting? It’s been a topic of discussion with Vince McMahon claiming the whole thing was a work. Brock continues to be a controversial figure in the locker room as there is a lot of resentment towards him. When Dean Ambrose spoke about working with Brock at Wrestlemania 32 and his “laziness," the comments were seen as a reflection of what the rest of the locker room thinks about Brock. But on the other hand, Randy Orton was said to be thrilled to be in a program with Lesnar because he knew it was his chance back at the top of the card.
- Speaking of Randy Orton, his stock has skyrocketed since returning to WWE. Vince McMahon has been very pleased with his work ethic and commitment to getting back to the top of the card.
- Gran Metalik beat Akira Tozawa and Kota Ibushi beat Brian Kendrick in the quarterfinals of the WWE Cruiserweight Classic that aired last night on the WWE Network. They have now advanced to the final four with Metalik facing the winner of Zack Sabre, Jr. vs. Noam Dar and Ibushi facing the winner of TJ Perkins vs. Rich Swann. The remaining quarterfinal matches will air next week on WWE Network. The finale will air live on Wednesday, September 14, 2016 from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL.
- Sasha Bankstold Sports Illustrated that main eventing Wrestlemania is her dream. Here’s an excerpt: "I've accomplished so many of my dreams already, but main-eventing WrestleMania is a dream. Also, I want to be on the cover of the 2K game next year–bye bye, Brock. The sky is the limit, and there is no limit to my dreams.”
- Carmella discussed her main WWE roster call-up with Scott Fishman of Channel Guide Mag. In it, she said that Big Cass is always there to give her advice, even if they’re not on the same brand. She said that he and Enzo Amore are always going to be her boys. Carmella revealed that Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks have both been very helpful to her. Click here for the complete article.
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…