- Today’s top story is that Paige has been suspended from WWE for 60 days following her second violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. She commented on her verified Twitter account with the following:
Same shit different day. Kids..Please don't get prescriptions or doctors notes. Not acceptable.
Rules apply depending on your status.
Paige was suspended in August 2016 for 30 days for her first violation of the WWE Wellness Policy, the same time as her boyfriend, Alberto Del Rio, was suspended. Paige tried to get out of her WWE contract but eventually resolved her issues to remain with the company. She has been at TV recently but remained out of storylines due to an injury.
- Paige’s father, Ricky Knight, stated Monday on Facebook that she has been taking pain medication due to a neck injury. Here’s what he wrote: ”ok here we go again yes i know about my daughters suspended once again she has not failed a drugs test. My daughter has had a long term neck injury which imo has not been dealt with. i have ask my daughter to return to UK For help with this injury as help and direction in the USA Has not been forthcoming imo. She has been in pain and out of in ring action for a fair while now and has been prescribed pain killers which apparently is against the wellness program. i feel my daughter has been let down big time in the USA and the proper care and advice needed in the position she has been in has not happened to say i am pissed off with the situation is an understatement, this is my statement i am not open to questions thankyou for your cooperation.”
- The Nevada State Athletic Commission fined Conor McGregor $150,000 (five percent of his UFC 202 purse) and 50 hours of community service for throwing water bottles at Nate Diaz during he UFC 202 press conference in August. He also agreed to participate in an anti-bullying PSA. In true McGregor fashion, he responded with this on Twitter:
I get fined more than these bums get paid
- There was a rumor that made rounds earlier that McGregor was “knocked out cold” with a “possible broken nose” on Monday while sparring in preparation for his fight against Eddie Alvarez. That rumor was false as McGregor was wrestling on Monday and as you can see, took the time to comment via social media on his fine.
- WWE will continue the build to Hell in a Cell with tonight’s Raw from the Oracle Arena in Oakland, California. Paul Heyman will appear, partially to help promote the release of WWE 2K17, which happens tomorrow. Also, expect continuation on all storylines leading into the pay-per-view. Make plans to join our WWE Raw “Open Thread” beginning at 7 PM ET featuring streaming live results and your discussion.
- Fans will be able to obtain tickets to Royal Rumble 2017 in a presale beginning tomorrow at 11 AM ET through Ticketmaster. The password to obtain tickets is TWEETS. WWE Royal Rumble 2017 will take place on Sunday, January 29, 2017, from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
- Three matches have been confirmed for WWE Hell in a Cell, the upcoming Raw pay-per-view. They are as follows:
* Roman Reigns vs. Rusev in a Hell in a Cell match for the WWE United States Championship
* Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
* Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE Universal Championship
- It’s rumored that Banks vs. Charlotte will also be a Hell in a Cell match but that has not been confirmed. WWE Hell in a Cell 2016 will take place on Sunday, October 30, 2016, at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
- There continue to be a lot of rumors about Georges St-Pierre returning to the octagon. First it was a fight against Tyron Woodley, who will defend the UFC welterweight championship against Stephen Thompson at UFC 205 next month and now it’s a fight against Anderson Silva at UFC 206 in December. UFC President Dana White stated that wasn’t true and he doesn’t believe GSP wants to fight. White doesn’t believe GSP will ever return despite declaring an interest to fight at UFC 206 and being entered into the USADA testing pool.
- One fight that isn’t dead and could very well happen at UFC 207 is Amanda Nunes vs. Ronda Rousey for the UFC women’s bantamweight championship. We’ve been following the rumors and are able to confirm that Nunes wants the fight. UFC 207 will take place on December 30, 2016, from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.