- Finn Balor is on track to complete his first round of physical therapy for his torn labrum injury at the WWE Performance Center this week. He’s scheduled to travel to Birmingham, Alabama next week where he’ll followup with Dr. Jeffery Dugas, who performed his surgery and continue his PT at Champion Rehabilitation. The hope is that he’ll be available for Wrestlemania 33. WWE has a video update that we embedded above.
- We’re currently running a exclusive here in our Members Content about the WWE contract status of Paige. You can read it at this link. If you’re not yet a member, you can signup now for a 10% OFF discount by using the coupon code GOHD at the SIGNUP PAGE.
- Daniel Bryan has been confirming on the media circuit what we’ve been reporting for months in that if he wasn’t married, he would return to the ring when his WWE contract expires. Remember, Bryan was actively trying to negotiate his release until Brie Bella insisted he not wrestle again. This is when he had a change of heart, accepted WWE’s offer to host the Cruiserweight Classic and later become the General Manager of Smackdown. New Japan Pro Wrestling had been trying to communicate their interest in Bryan through intermediaries and were confused about his change of heart. He couldn't negotiate directly because of his WWE deal.
- TJ Perkins won the WWE Cruiserweight Classic which aired live last night on WWE Network from the campus of Full Sail University in Winter Park, FL. Perkins beat Gran Metalik in the finals after he beat Kota Ibushi and Metalik beat Zack Sabre, Jr.. Perkins is the new Cruiserweight Champion and will report to the Raw brand. Here’s a photo:
— Triple H (@TripleH)
— Triple H (@TripleH) September 15, 2016
">September 15, 2016
- Vince McMahon wasn’t at WWE Backlash or television this week as he tore his quadriceps while squatting but he was still heavily involved with creative decisions. Vince has kept the entire injury super kayfabe, just having dot com announce that he was injured and having surgery.
- Emma, who was at television this week, is on the brink of returning to the ring following a back injury.
- MMAJunkine.com is reporting that Cain Velasquez will likely get a rematch against Fabricio Werdum at UFC 207 on December 30, 2016 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The fight hasn’t been been signed but has been offered to both fighters.
- WWE’s new Chinese star Bin Wang is now working in WWE as Tian Bin.
- There was talk at WWE TV this week that there is still interest in Shelton Benjamin when he recovers from his torn rotator cuff. We figured this to be the case as Vince McMahon and Triple H are both fans of his work and they need more roster depth.
WNW HD is Now Open! It’s more than a network with more backstage news, more interactive features and an opportunity for readers to connect as passionate fans. For a limited of time you can SIGNUP NOW with a 10% discount by using the coupon code GOHD!