TNA taped this week’s Impact Wrestling from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Thanks to Wrestling News World Orlando correspondent Scott Brooks for sending in the following results:
Impact Wrestling (Airing tonight on Spike):
* Gail Kim came to the ring with Madison Rayne. She said bring Gail Kim is not just good, but it’s great. Not only is she the current Knockout’s Champion, but she is also the most dominant champion in the history of the belt. She says she built this division and truly is the division. She says that she is going to take this opportunity to call out the Knockout’s Tag Team Champions Eric Young and ODB. Throughout the promo, Madison was noticeably not paying attention to Gail.
* In a Knockout’s Tag Team Championship, Gail Kim & Madison Rayne defeated ODB & Eric Young to become the new champions. ODB had Gail set up for a fall away slam. Eric Young started doing his antics distracting the referee and while he was distracted Madison from the floor pulled ODB’s feet, making Gail land on ODB. Madison held her feet down from the floor as Gail made the pin. EY and ODB chased Gail and Madison to the back after the match.
* Rob Van Dam came out and said he has been sidelined from the World Title and has some unfinished business. He decides to call out Gunner.
* Rob Van Dam defeated Gunner with the Five Star Frog Splash.
* Devon made his way to the ring with a mic. He said a few weeks ago Hulk Hogan gave him an opportunity to defend the TV title on Impact every week but last week he gave himself a shot to become the #1 contender for the World Title. In that Battle Royal, Garett Bischoff eliminated Devon so tonight he will give Garett a shot and see if Lady Luck is still on his side.
* In a Television Title Match, Devon vs. Garett Bischoff was ruled a no contest when Robbie E and Robbie T came out and attacked both of them. Devon and Garett gained the upper hand and laid out the two of them.
* Al Snow, Jeremy Borash, and Ring Ka King’s/Pro Wrestling Guerrilla’s Joey Ryan were in the ring. Joey Ryan was the next in line for the Gut Check and his opponent is Austin Aries.
* In a non-title match, Austin Aries defeated Joey Ryan with a Brainbuster.
* Bully Ray comes to the ring with a mic asks the fans if they know who he is. Hulk Hogan apparently decided that out of the four possibilities for Roode, he was the first one that Hogan decided to eliminate so he is going to take it out on everyone here. Someone came up to him and asked Ray if he knew that Joseph Park was in the audience. Park stands up. Ray says he is sick and tired of him and tells him to get in the ring. Park comes down from the stands and makes his way to the ring. Park takes a mic and says he’s not a fighter and has never been in a real fight. He says he’s intimidated. Ray doesn’t care and tells him to get in the ring. Park says he just wanted to find out about Abyss. Park says that over the years he has represented a lot of defenders, some guilty and some not. He has learned to look in a man’s eyes and can tell if he’s guilty, but luckily for Ray, he is entitled to a fair and speedy trial in front of a jury of his peers. He thinks our jury is right here, the fans in the Impact Zone. In reference to the appearance of his brother Chris, you know Abyss, he asks the fans if they think he is not guilty which they boo. He asks if they think he’s guilty to which they cheer. Ray hits Park in the gut, knocking the wind out of him then hits him with his chain. He gets on the ground and says “Not guilty” and leaves. Ray then got into words with Robert Irvine, who was at ringside.
* Backstage I assume, Hogan decided that Hardy would not challenge Roode later.
* TNA Champion Bobby Roode, AJ Styles & Kurt Angle all made their way to the ring in their gear as Hulk Hogan was going to announce in front of the fans whether it would be AJ or Angle who will face Bobby Roode. Hogan came to the stage and said it was just as intense backstage as it in the Impact Zone. He says both AJ and Angle both have the ability to become the new champion and commends both of them for their accolades. Hogan feels because AJ knows the champion better than Kurt, he is going with AJ and makes it AJ vs Roode for the world title.
* In a TNA Championship Match, Bobby Roode retained over AJ Styles via the Payoff. Lengthy match that saw lots of things, including Roode hip-tossing AJ onto the steps and quite a few nearfalls. AJ went for the Springboard 450 but Roode got his knees up then hit the Payoff for the win. Daniels and Kazarian came to the stage and talked as AJ was helped to the back.
Roode took a mic after and said history has been made. Bobby Roode is officially the longest reign World Champion in the history of the company and now it’s time to celebrate and orders champagne be handed to vim. He wants someone to join him and calls Hogan out to celebrate with the champ. Hogan doesn’t come out immediately and Roode said he’s not going anywhere. If he doesn’t want to join him, he will celebrate without him. Confetti sprays everywhere as Roode celebrates. Hogan’s music finally hits and he comes to the ring. He says he is glad he is not a betting man and calls Roode impressive. Roode hands him a glass of champagne and they touch glasses. Hogan says he has to congratulate him and says there is much respect. What Roode did, he did with hard work. Hogan says that he needs to realize that the hard work has just begun. There’s someone else who would like to join him. The lights go out. When they come back on, Sting is behind Bobby Roode. Roode turns around and takes a shot at Sting but Sting overwhelms him. He has his Joker-style facepaint on still. Hogan says for Roode to not leave. He says that starting next week, Impact will be starting in its new time slot. Next week at the start of the show, he is going to surround the ring with Impact Wrestling stars as Roode will face Sting in a Lumberjack match and says it’s showtime