- Bill Goldberg is returning to WWE on next week’s episode of Monday Night Raw to answer a challenge by Paul Heyman regarding Brock Lesnar. It’s looking like a deal is either done or imminent for Goldberg to return to the ring to face Lesnar in a rematch of their disappointing match at Wrestlemania XX in 2004.
- We were the first publication to report that WWE was working towards a Goldberg vs. Lesnar match as far back as mid-June 2016. The only question that will have to be answered is when this will happen as all signs point towards it being accelerated from a match at Wrestlemania 33 to a match at November’s Survivor Series. Given the fact WWE has badly lacked heat, Goldberg live on Raw next week could be a welcomed buzz the company desperately needs.
- Below is the updated card for WWE Hell in a Cell 2016 following last night’s episode of Monday Night Raw:
* Kevin Owens vs. Seth Rollins in a Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Universal Championship
* Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte in a Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
* Roman Reigns vs. Rusev w/Lana in a Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE United States Championship
* The New Day vs. Cesaro & Sheamus for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
* TJ Perkins vs. Brian Kendrick for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
WWE Hell in a Cell will take place on Sunday, October 30, 2016 from the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. We’ll have complete coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- WWE Smackdown will take place live tonight from the SAP Center (the Shark Tank) in San Jose, California. The company has announced that Randy Orton will team with Kane to face Luke Harper and Bray Wyatt. Expect plenty of fallout from Sunday’s No Mercy pay-per-view.
- Moving forward, Sin Cara is officially a member of the Raw cruiserweight division. This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that reads WNW regularly as the plan a few years ago prior to the transition of Sin Cara characters was for him to be the centerpiece of cruiserweight television show produced by WWE. Obviously those plans took a while to develop and didn’t exactly pan out like that but the fact of the matter is WWE wants to bill Sin Cara as a cruiserweight Superstar.
- Independent worker Holidead was who “did the honors” to Bayley on last night’s Raw as Cami Fields.
- After this week’s Raw went off the air, Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho threw Seth Rollins back into the ring. Sami Zayn made the save but Rollins wouldn’t shake his hand afterwards.
- Seth Rollins suffered scrapes to his back during the Raw main event against Chris Jericho.
- John Cena is expected to go on hiatus from WWE after this week to film the second season of American Grit. The reality competition is not WWE related and in addition to hosting it, Cena is an executive producer. Cena will make sporadic appearances for WWE until the end of the year. He is scheduled to appear at Saturday’s live event in Phoenix as well as the Survivor Series pay-per-view next month.
- WWE announced on Tuesday that the 14th annual WWE Tribute to the Troops event will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 13 at Verizon Center in Washington D.C. The special will air on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 on the USA Network. Dot com has official details available at this link.
- Braun Strowman’s opponents last night on Raw, who went by the Splash Brothers, were comprised of comedian/wrestler Mikey G and independent talent Marcus Cary Lewis.
- Alberto Del Rio appeared on The Taz Show and addressed Paige’s60-day suspension from WWE. He said it was “complete BS” and that she didn’t deserve it. They’re working to fix it but it’s the same crap, just a different day.
- Former NFL defensive end Greg Hardy is transitioning to mixed martial arts. MMAFighting.com reported on Tuesday that Hardy, who does not have an extensive MMA background, has been training for several months and according to his team, there are several promotions interested in signing him. Hardy was a standout player on the field but was marred by off-the-field issues including a domestic violence incident with an ex-girlfriend and a cocaine possession arrest last month. Hardy weighs 285 pounds and is expected to fight as a heavyweight some time next year.
- Mickey Gall, who beat CM Punk handily in his UFC debut last month, will fight Sage Northcutt at UFC on Fox 22 on December 17, 2016. UFC on Fox 22 will take place on Saturday, December 17, 2016 from the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California.