- Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar is all but confirmed for next month’s Survivor Series pay-per-view. The heavily rumored match, which we first reported in mid-June, will occur following Paul Heyman “inviting” Goldberg to next week’s episode of Raw regarding Lesnar. While WWE hasn’t yet announced the match, Daniel Bryan went ahead as if they had on last night’s episode of Talking Smack. When Renee Young asked Bryan about Raw signing Goldberg, he stated it might be better for a younger talent to get the match than Goldberg vs. Lesnar. Bryan shrugged it off, saying it’s going to be an awesome match on a co-branded show but he doesn’t like Raw is doing it and not Smackdown.
- As for Brock Lesnar, he’s scheduled to return to Monday Night Raw on the October 24, 2016 episode from his hometown of Minneapolis, Minnesota. The announcement was first made by the Target Center. As noted above, it’s all but confirmed that Lesnar will face Goldberg next month at Survivor Series.
- TMZ Sports caught up with Alberto Del Rio and Paige to talk about the knife attack against him and her second WWE Wellness Policy violation in three months.
Regarding the knife attack, Del Rio explained they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, outside a restaurant in San Antonio, Texas, when a drunk guy disrespected Paige. He got into a street fight with him and suffered cuts to his arm. He wouldn’t confirm whether or not he got police involved and he stated the only reason he put it on social media was because of the AAA show that he missed.
Del Rio told TMZ Sports he’s been named president of Combate Americas — a hispanic MMA promotion — and he vows to be the “Mexican Dana White.” He also said he’s going to be doing some stuff with TNA Wrestling if they can get the money to pay him.
Paige wouldn’t comment on her second violation of the WWE Wellness Policy. She already said what she had to say on Twitter. Del Rio said WWE can do whatever they want, they own the company but Paige said it best, same shit, different day. Paige said for the next six or seven months, while she’s recovering from her surgery, she’s going to following Del Rio everywhere like a shadow. Del Rio doesn’t believe he’ll ever return to WWE again but he’ll always be thankful for them giving him the chance to showcase his talent to the world. Paige will remain with WWE as she has a lengthy contract.
Both videos are available online at this link.
- WWE issued a statement to The New York Post in regards to Paige’s family’s claims that she was on prescription pain medication over neck pain. Here is the statement in its entirety: "Saraya-Jade Bevis tested positive for an illegal substance, not a prescription drug. In addition, WWE is providing world-class medical care for her in-ring injury.”
- Paige’s suspension has fueled mistrust within WWE from amongst the talent roster. We have those details available at this link in our Members content.
- If you missed last night’s Smackdown, James Ellsworth beat WWE World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles in a non-title match after a major assist from special guest referee Dean Ambrose. It was announced on Talking Smack by Daniel Bryan that Ellsworth will get shot at Styles’s title on next week’s episode of Smackdown.
- WWE announced on Tuesday that Daniel Bryan will appear on their European tour next month. For details on the dates in which he will appear, click here.
- Congratulations are in order to WWE Hall of Famer Trish Stratus, who is expecting her second child. Remember Trish announced her first pregnancy during her WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony induction speech in 2013.
- Former WWE creative team writer Kevin Eck believes that WWE should remove Donald Trump from their Hall of Fame in light of the revelation of a 2005 video of Trump speaking explicitly about groping and kissing women. You can read his reason for why at this link.
- Curt Hawkins explained why he didn’t make his Smackdown debut last night in this Smackdown Fallout video.
- While Luke Harper was originally scheduled to return on Raw, that plan was changed due to the injury to Erick Rowan. The thinking was that it made more sense for Harper to replace Rowan, who will be out an extended period of time with a torn rotator cuff.