- A report attributed to Dave Meltzer’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter claims Paul Heyman’sWWE contract has expired, which is why he wasn’t mentioned when Brock Lesnar was drafted to Raw on this week's Smackdown Live. This brings us back to a June 2, 2016 WNW Premium report where we noted Heyman was frustrated over his status in WWE because his contract did not include a downside guarantee and he only got paid per appearance. He was used so rarely that he threatened to not re-sign when his contract came up. It looks as though that is the situation as the two sides will possibly look to come to terms on a new deal. However, given Lesnar’s uncertain status and Paul doing his one-man shows, it may not be for awhile.
- Another report attributed to Meltzer making rounds is that Roman Reigns tested positive for Adderall, which caused his WWE Wellness Policy violation. We reported this here on Wrestling News World Premium on June 29, 2016, noting that in addition to the amphetamine, Roman tested positive for marijuana. The amphetamine is what triggered the suspension as marijuana only carries a fine.
- Here are quick results from last night’s episode of last night’s WWE Cruiserweight Classic episode on the WWE Network: Tajiri b. Damian Slater, T.J. Perkins b. Da Mack, Lince Dorado b. Mustafa Ali and Akira Tozawa b. Kenneth Johnson.
- Cody Rhodes is free and clear of all WWE contractual obligations on Friday, August 19, 2016. This is the day his 90-day non-compete agreement that was attached to his WWE Performer’s Contract expires.
- Matt Hardy hasn’t forgotten about WWE completely ripping off The Final Deletion for their segment between The New Day and The Wyatt Family. In light of Melania Trump borrowing lines from Michelle Obama for her speech at the 2016 Republican National Convention, Hardy, tweeted, “Only thing worse than @MELANIATRUMP plagiarizing @MichelleObama is the #BrotherNeroWyatts echoing my #BROKEN brilliance. #TheFinalDeletion”
- Dot com posted an article about Heath Slater not being drafted and questioned his future. A running joke that I heard was that “he will keep trying to get a job on both shows.” In all seriousness, Slater is one of many underrated and underutilized talents under WWE contract. He's a great guy in and out of the ring and it's a travesty that in 2016, he's done so little. Just a little over six years ago, The Nexus took WWE by storm and when one looks back at those names, it's a shame that not even Daniel Bryan reached his full potential. It's a problem that continues to plague WWE as they have a ton of talent but no idea how to develop it.
- Something that we’ve talked about before but stands to be repeated, Mick Foley was not WWE’s first choice for the General Manager of Raw. There was contact made with a couple former names but ultimately it was Foley that agreed to be available for the number of dates WWE needed committed to make it work.
- Nikki Bella stated on social media today that she received good news following an MRI this week and teased she’s been cleared to return to training at the WWE Performance Center. You can view her tweet at this link.
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…