- We noted at the beginning of August in our Members content that moving forward John Cena considers himself as a part-time talent. He worked a reduced live event schedule over the summer and is due to take time off from WWE before the year is over to film the second season of his American Grit series on FOX. So it should come as no surprise WWE is incorporating Cena’s part-time status in his program that involves Dean Ambrose. Responding to Dean Ambrose’s kayfabe comment about him being a “lazy part-timer,” Cena admitted on this week’s episode of Talking Smack that he is a part-timer because he’s trying to do it all at once. But Ambrose’s insult about him being lazy is just lazy and Cena plans to win at No Mercy. You can check out highlights of Cena’s comments on Talking Smack in the video above.
- Seth Rollins tweeted this on Tuesday: ”Wrestling hurts, but that's part of the price paid to live in dreams. Crushed ribs or not, I'll be in LA for #Raw next week..ready to fight.” This comes on the heels of him suffering a rib injury in his WWE Universal Championship match against Kevin Owens at Clash of Champions on Sunday. As we noted yesterday in our Members content, there was a lot of concern surrounding his status but no official diagnosis. Based on Rollins’s tweet, it would appear he’s going to try to gut it out barring a setback. WWE may have dodged a bullet.
- We’ve received a lot of questions about the possible sale of TNA Wrestling, which I’ll be addressing later in our Members content. The word yesterday was that Dixie Carter was running out of time to sell the company because they needed some help in funding Sunday’s Bound for Glory pay-per-view. We have more that you can look to read on the main listing shortly. If you’re not yet a WNW Premium Member, keep in mind it comes with a full access pass to WNWHD.com, so SIGNUP NOW and give it a try.
- Tammy “Sunny” Sytch remains incarcerated in Carbon County, PA due to a probation violation. She isn’t scheduled to see a judge until Monday, October 3rd at 9 AM. If she admits to violating her probation, there’s a chance the judge will issue a ruling. If she denies it, a hearing will be scheduled and she’ll have the opportunity to defend herself with her probation officer. Sytch was sentenced to five years of probation in August due to three separate incidents of driving under the influence last year. Part of her probation included bi-weekly drug and alcohol testing with a zero tolerance policy.
- Below is the updated lineup for WWE No Mercy following last night’s Smackdown Live:
* AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
* Becky Lynch vs. Alexa Bliss for the WWE Smackdown Women’s Championship
* Rhyno & Heath Slater vs. The Usos for the WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship
* The Miz vs. Dolph Ziggler in a Intercontinental Championship vs. Career Match
- WWE No Mercy will take place on Sunday, October 9, 2016 from Sacramento, CA. We’ll have complete coverage here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- Elias Samson, who hasn’t worked since June due to an ankle injury, is expected to make his in-ring return with WWE NXT at Thursday’s live event in Lakeland, Florida.
- Dolph Ziggler & Randy Orton beat Bray Wyatt & The Miz in a dark match main event after this week’s Smackdown went off the air. Ziggler cut a promo, saying if this is the last time he performs in front of the Cleveland fans, he just wants to say the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead. Ziggler of course was referring to his career being on the line in his match at No Mercy against Miz and his Cleveland Cavaliers overcoming the 3-1 deficit to win the 2016 NBA Championship against the Golden State Warriors.
- Alberto Del Rio noted on his social media the opening of his restaurant called La Cantinita in San Antonio, TX has been postponed until further notice.
- You can check out the new look of The Usos that they debuted this week on Smackdown at this link.
- Khabib Nurmagomedov will face Michael Johnson at UFC 205 from Madison Square Garden in New York City. Johnson is coming off a first-round knockout win against Dustin Poirier at UFC Fight Night 94, while Nurmagomedov has just one win in the past 28 months due to injuries. UFC 205 is one of the most loaded cards the UFC has ever done as we have the other twelve confirmed fights available at this link.
- Current UFC Interim Featherweight Champion Jose Aldo is so upset with Dana White for not making Conor McGregor fight him to unify the featherweight titles, he’s asked that the UFC cancel his contract. After winning the UFC Featherweight Championship at UFC 194 by knocking Aldo out in the first round of their fight, McGregor moved up to 170 pounds to fight Nate Diaz twice and is now set to fight Eddie Alvarez for the 155-pound lightweight title at UFC 205 in November. Aldo was offered a fight on the card but not against McGregor. He's so upset about the apparent politics at play not only does he want out of his UFC contract but he doesn't want to compete in MMA anymore and wants to try his hand at another sport. White said shortly after UFC 202 that McGregor had to either defend the UFC Featherweight Championship in his next fight or forfeit it, he's not defending it in New York and he still has the title.
WNW HD is Now Open! It’s more than a network with more backstage news, more interactive features and an opportunity for readers to connect as passionate fans. For a limited of time you can SIGNUP NOW with a 10% discount by using the coupon code GOHD!