Welcome to the Powerslam Newsletter
Issue #2, Saturday, May 25, 2013
The Powerslam Newsletter is our latest feature to WNW Premium. In it, you will find a newsletter loaded with a recap of the day's top stories as well as exclusive tidbits. This feature is 100% exclusive to WNW Premium Members. Enjoy!
- WWE released some important business notes Friday evening on their corporate website. The big news was the preliminary buyrate for Wrestlemania 29 as the show did an estimated 1,048,000 buys. This number was below last month's internal estimate of 1.2 million but still their third straight year over 1 million buys.
- In other notes, the Wrestlemania Revenge European Tour averaged 6,600 in attendance per event in twenty-two shows. Domestically, eight shows in April did an average of 10,100 in attendance per event.
- Dolph Ziggler is on the cover of the June 2013 issue of WWE Magazine. Expect to see it on newsstands immediately as subscribers received it this week. The issue is subtitled "The 2013 Body Issue" and features posters to "Get Arms Like Cena," "Legs Like Orton" and "Shoulders Like Ryback."
- Jacqueline Moore is seeking a return to WWE at age 49. She was profiled last week on dot com.
- Jerry Lawler returns to the ring on Saturday night in Ocala, Florida, less than seven months after suffering a heart attack on live television. More than a few people have expressed their concern, however, Lawler has assured everyone that he is 100% medically cleared. In fact, he claims the doctors say it will be good cardio and bumps will not hurt him.
- This is the final weekend that brand specific Raw and Smackdown live events are scheduled in the United States. Moving forward, live events are being promoted as WWE Live, however, there is a "Raw World Tour" listed for Australia in July. It's possible this is an oversight by the dot com web staff but that's how it reads as of press time.
- John Cena is off this weekend's live events. This has nothing to do with the Achilles injury as it's been planned for several weeks. Chris Jericho is headlining shows against Ryback and The New Age Outlaws are working the loop. Friday night in Salt Lake City they honored Shawn Michaels, with Jim Ross appearing and doing an angle with Antonio Cesaro.
- WWE put the wheels in motion for Daniel Bryan's gimmick progression on this week's Smackdown. We've been writing for months there have been plans to program him versus Kane to break them off back into singles competition. The first part in this was dropping the WWE Tag Team Championship to Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins at Extreme Rules. From everything we've heard, Bryan is due a push.
- Bo Dallas successfully defended the NXT Championship at Friday night's WWE NXT live event in Deland, Florida against Alexander Rusev. Other notable names on the show included Mason Ryan, Ric Flair's daughter Charlotte, Brad Maddox and Corey Graves.
- Impact Wrestling returns to the 9/8 CT timeslot next Thursday night for their go-home show to Slammiversary. TNA is actually off the road until the June 2nd pay-per-view from the Agganis Arena in Boston. Good ringside seats are still available as of press time.
- Speaking of Impact, next week's show will open with Sting & Joseph Park vs. Team 3D. Also announced is AJ Styles vs. Mr. Anderson, Chris Sabin & Taryn Terrell vs. TNA X Division Champion Kenny King & Gail Kim, and Chavo Guerrero, Hernandez, James Storm & Gunner vs. Bobby Roode, Austin Aries, Daniels and Kazarian. Next week's show was taped last Thursday and full taping results are online at this link.
- Congratulations are in order to Dixie Carter as she celebrated her 15th wedding anniversary with her husband Serg Salinas last Thursday night. Serge actually works for TNA as a music publisher and vice president in merchandising. They have two children.