- A fan hit the ring during Seth Rollins’s promo on Finn Balor during this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw. TMZ reports the fan, 23-year-old Edward Ferrero, actually bit one of the security guards that detained him in the ring. The security officer was uninjured but Ferrero was arrested and charged with assault and criminal trespass. The video of the incident is embedded above.
- We have a lot of big exclusives now available in our Members content. Trending stories online now include confirmation on why Finn Balor took Roman Reigns’s spot, the fiasco of WWE going to Balor’s Demon King persona and big news regarding the finish of one of the SummerSlam main events. A story that we are working on for today is the latest on a big return to WWE. All of these stories and more are available at this link.
- We are running some Membership Specials that you should know about. First, we are offering 30% OFF all subscriptions by simply using the coupon code 30PERCENT at the SIGNUP PAGE. This offer is also available to current members on the RENEW PAGE. Also, we have opened up our rare $4.95/month (Special Rate) that is now available on SIGNUP and RENEWAL. Join now - we have some very exciting things on the horizon!
- One of our readers, Edgar Rodriguez, was in the building for Raw and noted that John Cena & WWE Champion Dean Ambrose beat Seth Rollins & Chris Jericho in a dark match main event after Raw went off the air. He also reported there were several empty seats in the building.
- Smackdown Live will take place tonight live from the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas. John Cena will face Alberto Del Rio, The Miz will host Dolph Ziggler and WWE Champion Dean Ambrose on MizTV and Eva Marie will make her “in-ring debut.” It’s the go-home to SummerSlam episode and we invite everyone to join our WWE Smackdown “Open Thread” starting tonight at 8 PM ET here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com featuring streaming live results and your discussion.
- We wrote yesterday about the WWE 2K17 promotional video with Brock Lesnar calling out Bill Goldberg but it later being deleted. It’s back and can be seen below:
- Peter Rosenberg interviewed CM Punk on Hot 97 and the interview is online at this link. Regarding Conor McGregor "trolling" WWE Superstars, Punk wasn’t surprised. He said there are tough guys in wrestling but you don’t have to be tough in the WWE locker room anymore. What shocked Punk was the number of people in WWE who responded to McGregor that should have known better. He said they all got worked, including Ric Flair. Punk said non-WWE guys fell for it too but fighting on Twitter is embarrassing.
- Speaking of CM Punk, the first episode of UFC Presents: The Evolution of Punk aired last night on FOX Sports 1 (I’m actually watching as I type this). Obviously his WWE past is mentioned and AJ Lee is featured throughout. They also showed a rare wedding photo and offered pretty extensive access into their private lives. Punk talked about his dad having his case of beer and both of his parents enjoying their cartons of cigarettes. He discussed not fitting in and joining the straight edge subculture. The next episode is scheduled to air next Monday, August 22, 2016 at 9:30 PM ET on FS1. Make sure to set your TiVO/DVRs.
- Daniel Bryan talked to The Kingston Whig-Standard while doing media for SummerSlam and revealed that he had a horrible mental breakdown following being forced to retire from wrestling. Here’s an excerpt: ”I had to go out to Florida (to shoot Total Divas) and we're in John Cena's house for four weeks or whatever and there's cameras just on you all the time. I just had this horrible mental breakdown.” The interview is available in its entirety at this link.
- It was announced in a segment with Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon in a segment on last night’s WWE Raw that Jon Stewart will be in attendance at SummerSlam on Sunday.
- Vince McMahon was backstage and working last night at WWE Raw in Corpus Christi, Texas. He’d been away the past two weeks but you never would have known it as he continued to pay close attention and micromanage the product from his phone. Dave Meltzer of F4WOnline.com first reported about McMahon’s absence and subsequent return.
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…