- WWE Raw will emanate live tonight from the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia. Brock Lesnar is scheduled to return to kickoff his SummerSlam program against Randy Orton in-person and according to a report attributed to PWInsider, Paul Heyman will be with him. WWE is also advertising the continuation of Seth Rollins vs. Finn Balor and Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte. Both programs will be for the respective Universal and Women’s titles. WWE also questions who will face Braun Strowman and what’s next between The New Day and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson.
- Make plans to join our WWE Raw “Open Thread” beginning tonight at 8 PM EDT for streaming live results and your discussion right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- It’ll be interesting to see how Brock Lesnar is received by the crowd as tonight will be his first appearance back to WWE since he failed two drug tests prior to his fight at UFC 200 against Mark Hunt. WWE won’t suspend Lesnar even though the substance he tested positive for is banned under their Wellness Policy. Jim Ross, who has already spoken out in support of WWE not suspending Lesnar because he’s not a full time talent, followed up with this:
WWE Wellness Policy being applicable to full time talents only. I have no issues with this philosophy as it is daunting to test part timers who are not in the every day rotation of the roster. WWE's drug testing program is by far the best within the genre and it strikes me odd that other company's who either rarely test their talents or don't do it all are seldom questioned on this matter simply because "they can't afford it."
Wouldn't the wellness of one's athletes be a vital part of doing business?
Many critics of this matter have no idea what Lesnar's contact states nor the full understanding of the Wellness Policy in general. Please do not construe this as me eluding to the fact that I enough PED usage even in an entertainment entity. I don;t. Talents don"t need them but the narcissistic nature of many pro wrestlers always will rear its ugly head when it comes to how they look and the short cuts some talents take to achieve an unnatural appearance.
Click here for the latest from Jim Ross.
- Roderick Strong is in the news now that his contract with Ring of Honor has expired, with Jim Ross predicting a move to WWE. We’ll take you back to a story available in our Members content that we posted on June 17, 2016. It was there we noted WWE was interested in both Roderick Strong and Moose when their contracts with ROH were up. The interest was more in Moose but Strong had always wanted to go to WWE, even if it meant making less money by going to NXT. Moose’s deal to join WWE fell through due to the company learning of 2009 domestic violence issues and now it appears Strong will be signed.
- Lana and Rusev had their Total Divas wedding in Malibu, California over the weekend. Dot com interviewed Lana about it and she said the two will have another wedding in Bulgaria on September 2, 2016.
- The Bella Twins beat out Simone Biles, Alex Morgan, Danica Patrick, Ronda Rousey and Serena Williams to win the Choice Female Athlete category at Teen Choice 2016 last night. John Cena co-hosted the awards.
- WWEannounced on dot com they have signed former NFL offensive tackle Brennan Williams as he will report to the WWE Performance Center today to begin training. Williams was drafted in the third-round by the Houston Texans in 2013.
- Goldusttold TMZ that he doesn’t support Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton for President but he’s voting for Gary Johnson.
- Former WWE Diva Victoria got people talking with this tweet: ”I was told by @stitchedupadam that this week's WWE Smackdown is a must see. Not sure why. Hmmmm”
- Here is what John Cena looks like as Hillary Clinton:
">August 1, 2016
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…