- WWE Raw will take place from the US Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio. Expect plenty of followup from the Clash of Champions pay-per-view as dot com is questioning whether or not Seth Rollins was robbed, what’s next for Sheamus and Cesaro, how Roman Reigns will celebrate winning the US title, who will challenge The New Day next and if Charlotte can be dethroned. The following matches have been announced for tonight’s show:
* Roman Reigns vs. Rusev for the WWE United States Championship
* The New Day vs.Karl Anderson&Luke Gallows for the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship
- Our WWE Raw “Open Thread” will be available tonight at 8 PM ET featuring streaming live results and your discussion right here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com.
- Keep an eye out for Emma, Paige and Luke Harper on tonight's Raw as they are at the venue. Paige was there last week as well but not used. Emma was at Clash of Champions last night but neither Paige nor Harper were there.
- The biggest news out of the event is the injury situation with Seth Rollins. Rollins was banged up off the top rope gutbuster spot and was set for further evaluation today. We’ll update as soon as we know more but Rollins received a standing ovation when the pay-per-view went off the air. You can watch embedded in the video above.
- Devon officially started with WWE as a producer at last night’s Clash of Champions pay-per-view. There was not interest in him as an on-air performer in singles but, as we’ve noted, there is interest in Bubba Ray Dudley.
- Finn Balor underwent a stem-cell injection under the care of Dr. Jeffrey Dugas in Birmingham, Alabama last week to speed up his recovery for his torn labrum injury. Balor had bone marrow taken from his pelvis, filtered to remove bone debris and injected it in his shoulder to help form more robust tissue. WWE posted a video of the procedure that you can watch at this link.
- Cesaro’s head first dive through the ropes onto the outside in his match against Sheamus at Clash of Champions was seen as an unnecessary risk and many people felt he was lucky not to walk away with a serious injury. Jim Ross reiterated this sentiment today in his blog and my phone blew up the moment he did it. Obviously Cesaro wants to get noticed but that’s not the way to do it.
- Lina Lansberg received a 45 day suspension with no contact for 30 days following her fight against Cyborg at UFC Fight Night 95 last Saturday night. Paul Felder was suspended for 45 days with no contact for 30 days. Erick Silva was suspended for 180 days unless he gets a medical release from a medical specialist for a possible facial fracture. Luan Chagas was suspended 180 days unless he gets released from an orthopedist for a possible fibula fracture. Gregor Gillespie was suspended 180 days unless he gets released from an ophthalmologist. If he does, he’ll be suspended a minimum of 30 days with no contact for 21 days. Everyone else in the card received the precautionary 14 day medical suspension with no contact for seven days.
- The card for UFC Fight Night 100: Gustafsson vs Nogueira has begun to take shape. It will feature the following fights:
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Antônio Rogério Nogueira
- Luis Henrique vs. Christian Colombo
- Thales Leites vs. Krzysztof Jotko
- Johnny Eduardo vs. Manvel Gamburyan
- Matheus Nicolau vs. Ulka Sasaki
- Sérgio Moraes vs. Michael Graves
UFC Fight Night 100 will take place Saturday, November 19, 2016 at Ginásio do Ibirapuera in São Paulo, Brazil.
- The UFC has announced that Ruslan Magomedov has been informed of a "potential anti-doping violation" stemming from an out-of-competition drug test collected by the United States Anti-Doping Agency on September 7, 2016. He hasn’t fought since UFC 192 when he beat Shawn Jordan via unanimous decision on October 3, 2015.
WNW HD is Now Open! It’s more than a network with more backstage news, more interactive features and an opportunity for readers to connect as passionate fans. For a limited of time you can SIGNUP NOW with a 10% discount by using the coupon code GOHD!