- WWE reported their third quarter earnings for 2016 on Thursday prior to market open. You can go over the results at this link. The WWE Network subscription count through the quarter was revealed. The WWE Network averaged 1,458,000 paid subscribers through the quarter, up from the 1,306,000 paid subscribers for the third quarter of 2015. WWE went into the quarter averaging 1,520,000 paid subscribers in the second quarter. The company was projecting 1,490,000 paid subscribers, which they missed. As of September 2016, 1,071,000 paid subscribers lived in the United States with 373,000 being international subscribers.
- Another interesting point to come out of today’s earnings was Vince McMahon addressing an investor about the potential sale of WWE during a conference call with investors. Vince told investors they were open to anything [in regards to a merger/sale] but it was very important for them to be in control of their own destiny. Vince was unsure of how much control they would lose if they were absorbed or bought but they are open to offers because they are business people. This is nothing new and a line that has been used quite a few times by McMahon in recent years. The four billion dollar sale of UFC likely only furthered Vince’s openness about a possible sale of his company.
- MEMBERS CONTENT: We have exclusive details on The Fight Network taking over TNA Wrestling, Billy Corgan furious with Dixie Carter, the former top WWE star TNA wants to bring in to boost morale and everything you want to know regarding behind the scenes drama involving TNA. Was WWE ever actually interested? We have it all available AT THIS LINK. If you are not yet a WNW Premium subscriber, you can signup now AT THIS LINK.
- Tickets for Wrestlemania 33 will go on sale on Friday, November 18, 2016 at 10 AM ET. Travel packages are set to go on sale this Monday at 10 AM ET. The travel packages will be able to be purchased at WrestlemaniaTravel.com, with tickets to the actual show being disbursed at Ticketmaster.com.
- Austin Aries was injured at last night’s WWE NXT live event in Fresno, CA (results here). The injury resulted in the match, where Austin was teamed with Samoa Joe to take on Shinsuke Nakamura and No Way Jose, being stopped and the referee throwing up the X signal. Aries was knocked out after being kicked by Nakamura and had an obvious black eye. You can watch how it went down at this link.
- WWE Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler participated in a conference call with members of the media in the United Kingdom to promote WWE’s tour next month. In it, he talked about his relationship with Vince McMahon. Sky Sports provided a transcription, in which we grabbed the following excerpt:
"I have always been told it's important to have a relationship with Vince but at the same time it is difficult. The one or two days a week you would see him he is extremely busy getting the shows ready for the live audience, so if you find two or three minutes you'd better have something good to say as he is a workaholic and you are eating into his time. He is a little scary at first but the more you talk to him, the more you deliver in the ring and the more he can count on you [the more time he has for you]. For years I have taken the time to say hello and bring up an idea and he is usually very receptive. He has started to trust me a lot more.”
- The Headbangers are booked for next week’s episode of WWE Smackdown and will be given a chance to qualify for the traditional Survivor Series match involving tag teams from both Raw and Smackdown. The Attitude Era tag team worked for WWE back in August.
- Billy Corgan tweeted the following after his hearing in Nashville, TN over the control of TNA Wrestling: ”Very pleased with the court proceedings today in Nashville. Appreciate those who've followed the case carefully, separating spin from fact” We’ve really uncovered much of what is going on behind-the-scenes in TNA. You can read that story AT THIS LINK.
- UFC Español has confirmed that Fredy Serrano will face Hector Sandoval at UFC on FOX 22 on December 17, 2016. Serrano (3-1) is coming off a split decision loss to Ryan Benoit at UFC 201. Sandoval also lost at UFC 201, to Wilson Reis by first round submission.