This blog reflects my subjective views and nothing more. If you disagree with me, feel free to voice your opinion in a civil manner in the comments section.
Hello and welcome to The Revamped Weekly Rundown, hosted by yours truly, Guy Landau. For those who do not know, this is a weekly feature on WrestlingNewsWorld.com where I gloss over the important happenings in the week in WWE as it pertains to the company’s present and future in RAW and NXT in the form of bulletins for the positive happenings (A.K.A "YES!", prefaced with + signs), the negative happenings (A.K.A "NO!", prefaced with – signs), and the ones I could not decide what they were, but felt they were important enough to comment on (prefaced with ? signs).
Now, without further ado, let's get started.
This will be a jumbo week – including both the Royal Rumble and Smackdown.
+ Opening video was awesome. Really put emphasis on the event.
+ Wyatt's offense is brilliant, this is the first time I actually see his different…ness expressed in his ring work. His kickouts and unorthodox offense made you believe he was a different breed of human, very effectively so I might add.
+ That aside, it was just an absolutely awesome match. I do have to question the result though.
- Lesnar vs. Big Show was very disappointing in its length. I don't know what caused that, but the match barely even took place. It was over before it started, and while it made sense with the way it was booked, it was disappointing nonetheless.
+ Cena played with the audience beautifully. Did you see what he tried going for as soon as the crowd started chanting Y2J? A Boston Crab.
? The crowd did everything in their power to crap on Cena/Orton, and quite successfully I might add. "We want divas" was a brutal chant.
- I have to say I hated a lot of the match. The amount of finisher kickouts was inexcusable and overkill. The finish was also weak. This match was trying to be Rock/Cena II, and succeeded. It was equally bad, for the exact same reasons.
+ Alexander Rusev is in the Royal freakin' Rumble?! WOW! Let's just hope he doesn't go the way of Bo Dallas. And what a showing by him. I see strong resemblances to Umaga in him.
+ And of course Kofi had his mandatory Rumble moment.
+ Zeb Colter's signs on both entrances were hilarious. Well done.
+ And they made room for the Cesaro swing.
- Oh no… This is just a personal taste thing, but I hate to see The Shield imploding.
- The difference between Batista and Roman Reigns today can be seen in the quality of their spears. That's all that needs to be said.
+ After the Bryan-less debacle on RAW the opening segment was the only way WWE was going to save itself. And it was very well done.
- Did The Shield just forget about their implosion last night?
- BNB just doesn’t translate well to TV. Enough. Cheap heat is all it’s good for, which is to say it isn’t good for anything.
- The Batista-Orton-Lesnar segment was beyond horrible. The crowd could care less and other than Heyman nothing worthwhile was said.
- Over 30 minutes with nothing noteworthy to write about. That tells me there is a lot of filler in the show. Although to be fair that may have something to do with CM Punk quitting.
+ NAO vs. Brotherhood was great, and while it’s sad it was cut short it was a necessary move booking-wise for Brock, and we are going to get that match again in a cage next week!
+ While the crowd was dead, this sort of Divas matches is exactly what the division needs. Everyone was showing signs of improvement, and while the road is still long, I’m optimistic.
+ The Ascension is great.
? I still don’t see how Graves can fit WWE in a larger picture. And his offense, while I generally like it, still lacks surprise factor when it needs to have it.
+ I think Cassidy is proving himself as entertaining right now with Enzo on the sidelines, he got a “this is awesome” chant without the match even starting. That says a lot. And his chemistry with Enzo is amazing. I can’t wait for Team Sawft to get called up.
+ Oh good, Bo got his teeth fixed. He also switched his horrendous Spear for a Double Underhook DDT.
? I find it really interesting that Cesaro is going to Elimination Chamber. We’ll see how that goes.
+ This is what I have wanted for SO long – Shield vs. Wyatt!!!! Although I think this will be a way to break up The Shield, I am still glad they got to be face at least for one program before breaking up.
+ EMMA! Woohoo!
? O’Neil turning heel as well?
+ Rusev in WWE will be amazing. I’m glad he’s getting called up.
+ What an eventful Smackdown this is!
+ Solid match between Christian and Swagger, and Christian returns and goes to the chamber! I have to say the final 2 names are not what I expected at all.
+ And of course the usual amazing match by The Shield. That was absolutely the right result.
That’s all for this week, don’t forget to come back next week for a brand new Weekly Rundown.