- Tonight’s episode of WWE Monday Night Raw will feature the fallout from SummerSlam. No matches or segment have been announced but WWE is teasing followup between Finn Balor and Seth Rollins, how Sasha Banks will bounce back, how Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon will react to the actions of Brock Lesnar, The New Day and more. Make plans to join our WWE Raw “Open Thread” at 8 PM ET here at WrestlingNewsWorld.com featuring streaming live results and your discussion.
- The last we heard, Brock Lesnar is not scheduled for tonight’s Raw in Brooklyn.
- We’re currently working on a load of backstage news from WWE SummerSlam. We are still offering our $4.95/month (Special Rate) WNW Premium package that will be going away very soon. If you’re interested in taking advantage, head on over to the SIGNUP PAGE or RENEWAL PAGE and select it while you still can!
- WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor suffered a shoulder injury in his match against Seth Rollins The severity of the injury is currently not known but apparently surgery isn’t off the table. Balor appeared this morning on Good Morning America with his new title belt, as WWE looks to establish him as a major star (the spot that was originally intended for Roman Reigns). Balor revealed on GMA he celebrated with his parents and ate chicken curry.
- Sasha Banks is dealing with nagging injuries including a back issue. This is why she was booked to go under to Charlotte at SummerSlam and is getting some time off the road. As CJ noted, Banks is not being advertised until the WWE live event on September 23, 2016.
- Randy Orton required 10 staples to his head to close the laceration he suffered to his forehead in his match with Brock Lesnar. Here’s a photo. You can watch him receive medical attention in the video embedded below:
- 15,974 was the announced attendance of WWE SummerSlam last night from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York. The show just edged out out NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II the night before, which did 15,671.
- Seth Rollins didn’t appreciate the crowd chants about the new WWE Universal Championship during the title match against Finn Balor. He tweeted this:
- Dennis Haskins and Maria Menounos were at WWE SummerSlam and spotted backstage.
- After WWE SummerSlam went off the air, Randy Orton was helped up by Shane McMahon. The fans booed after rejecting the finish of Brock Lesnar going over and then laying out Orton and Shane.
- If you need another look at the WWE Universal Championship belt, we have it for you here:
- After The Dudley Boyz going their separate directions? We’ve heard (and reported) rumors of pushing Bubba Ray Dudley as a heel in singles competition but check out these tweets:
- Below are the fight purses for UFC 202. Make note that Conor McGregor received more in disclosed payroll than Brock Lesnar, who made $2.5 million at UFC 200:
* Conor McGregor: $3 million (no win bonus)
* Nate Diaz: $2 million
* Anthony Johnson: $270,000 (includes $135,000 win bonus)
* Glover Teixeira: $65,000
* Donald Cerrone: $170,000 (includes $85,000 win bonus)
* Rick Story: $41,000
* Mike Perry: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
* Hyun Gyu Lim: $18,000
* Tim Means: $62,000 (includes $31,000 win bonus)
* Sabah Homasi: $12,000
* Cody Garbrandt: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
* Takeya Mizugaki: $39,000
* Raquel Pennington: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus)
* Elizabeth Phillips: $12,000
* Artem Lobov: $26,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus)
* Chris Avila: $10,000
* Cortney Casey: $40,000 (includes $20,000 win bonus)
* Randa Markos: $14,000
* Lorenz Larkin: $78,000 (includes $39,000 win bonus)
* Neil Magny: $47,000
* Colby Covington: $42,000 (includes $21,000 win bonus)
* Max Griffin: $10,000
* Marvin Vettori: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
* Alberto Uda: $10,000
- UFC President Dana White says they’re definitely not doing a third Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor bout right now. White wants Conor to defend the UFC Featherweight Championship, saying that he either has to defend the title or relinquish it.
- Conor McGregor posted the following on Instagram about his second fight against Nate Diaz:
Did you enjoy today’s Exclusive Update? Please consider leaving a tip…