Zack Ryder Tries It Again And Will Fail Again

Author:
Updated:
Original:
Image placeholder title

If there is one wrestler in WWE today I can’t stand and want shoved out in front of a bus never to be seen or heard from again, it is Zack Ryder. I have never gotten the appeal to him. He’s an awful wrestler, terrible character, and his charisma is very so-so at best. Zack Ryder has forgotten something very important. Getting over with the IWC or Internet fans is all fine and dandy but in the end of the day all you have done is appealed to 10% at most of WWE”s audience. The other 90% AKA the General and Casual Fans will not buy into something as boring and cookie cutter as Zack Ryder’s Long Island Iced Z gimmick. Not when they can turn on MTV or another similar channel and see the same thing anytime they want. You have to make them care about you and that is an ability that Zack Ryder simply does not possess.

Image placeholder title

Zack Ryder has launched another Youtube video show called Zack Ryder’s Last ReZort. This is an attempt to get back on Raw and Smackdown and PPV’s and try to regain his former glory that his Z! True Long Island Story show got him. I was not nor have I ever been a fan of Zack Ryder’s. It’s my opinion he didn’t deserve the US Title Run he got and nothing pleased me more than seeing Kane Chokeslam him through the stage ending his push sending him back to where he belongs at catering. So let’s get to this video and see what all the hoopla is about.

Image placeholder title

Zack Ryder explained it was his dream to be a WWE Superstar. He said on May 1st 2007 he made his debut on WWE TV. For 3 and a half years he says he wasn’t “living the Dream” his friends and family were congratulating him on, but was in fact living a lie. His dream wasn’t to just be on the Roster, it wasn’t just to not have an action figure, it wasn’t just to show up on a Monday Night and cross his fingers to hope for a match on Raw. It was to be a Champion, WWE Champion, to Main-Event Raw, Smackdown, and PPVs, even to Main-Event Wrestlemania. So Zack Ryder Started Z: True Long Island Story to create an opportunity for himself. One that eventually would see him claim that he was The Internet Champion and to win the WWE United States Championship. He was living the dream but now in the last 2 years the dream has turned into a nightmare and he is right back where he started from.

Image placeholder title

He says when he walks out it’s now Who Who Who instead of WOO WOO WOO as it used to be. He’s back to having to make his shirts and not having any merchandise. He says he can either roll over and play dead while waiting for his contract to run out (no Fire Edict anyone?) or he can try to one last hurrah and go down with a fight. So he will try this again but this time it will not be a happy-go-lucky show like Z! True Island Story was. No this is not the Ryder Revolution this is the Ryder Evolution.

Image placeholder title

Zack Ryder continues to show that he doesn’t get why his first run failed so badly even with people like Cena trying to help him get over with the average fans. He has no ability to connect to ordinary everyday fans and without this he’ll never be anything more than an also-ran. I don’t know when his contract is up but the sooner it ends the better in my view so I don’t have to deal with hearing about this mind-numbing idiot of a character anymore and the fanboys that worship the ground he walks on. I have 6 words for Zack Ryder. Woo Woo Woo You Blew It.

Image placeholder title

Sometimes I enjoy taking a stance that is against the grain and spits in the face of the majority opinion. Here I felt the need to say what I feel needed to be said about Zack Ryder. He is a talentless hack with no redeeming qualities that are needed to be a successful professional wrestler. Ryder is Irrelevant, always has been and always will be. I’ve seen reports that whenever he manages to actually be on TV Raw or Smackdown proceeds to lose 150,000 viewers. I think that speaks volumes his drawing ability or should I say lack thereof. Zack Ryder should be appericative that he even has a job at this point with the largest Pro Wrestling Company in the world today. Instead of whining in a Youtube video about how he’s lost his spot perhaps he should be asking to go to NXT and the WWE Performance Center and work on a new character and his skills and get better then and only then may he get another shot and succeed. Whinning, Moaning, and Crying will get no one anywhere in this business. Zack Ryder still has a lot to learn and if he isn’t careful he won’t have a job to learn it from.

Related Articles