- Bray Wyatt apologized to Nikki Bella before calling her plastic in his promo to John Cena on this week's episode of Monday Night Raw.
- The word going around this weekend was that Scott Hall will be announced as a 2014 WWE Hall of Fame inductee on this week's episode of Raw from Brooklyn, New York. Specifically, Gene Okerlund told fans at the Mad Monster Party in Charlotte, North Carolina that Hall will be inducted. We reported exclusively that Hall was in the mix for this year's class and followed up last week that his induction was delayed. Hall's announcement was rescheduled for the end of March, making tonight's rumored announcement a possibility.
- WWE Battleground 2014 will take place from the Tampa Bay Times Forum in Tampa, Florida on Sunday, July 20, 2014. Local event information is available at this link. For a recap of 2014 WWE pay-per-view dates and names, click here.
- Shane McMahon and his wife Marissa are reportedly seeking no less than $50 million plus interest from the penthouse building where they live, the Cobblestone Lofts at 28 Laight Street, its managing agent, the Andrews Organization and other design firms and construction organizations. The complaint is due to water leaks in their penthouse, which the McMahons claim caused the growth of “certain toxic, airborne contaminants." As a result of the contaminants, Shane, his wife Marissa and their three children have severe respiratory ailments. In addition, they claim a potential $5 million-plus loss in property value and over $130,000 in damage to furniture, appliances, clothing and artwork. The majority of their personal property has been placed in storage facilities, costing them close to $5,000 a month. The McMahons lived in the 3,860-square-foot penthouse from 2002 to May 2012. The complaint claims their new rental apartment is approximately $15,000 a month but they will not be able to return home into the problems are remedied. Click here for more.
- Dish Network has changed their position and will in fact carry Wrestlemania 30 next month. Details surrounding their about face are not immediately available and the show has not been re-added to the pay-per-view section on their official website. The provider has really embarrassed themselves, publicly expressing their disdain over WWE pay-per-view availability with a WWE Network subscription. They've pointed to their lead competitor, DirecTV, also being upset about WWE Network and have placed the blame completely on WWE. They were the only major provider to immediately pull all WWE PPVs from their schedule, including Elimination Chamber, which was not even featured on WWE Network. Dish Network will handle WWE pay-per-views on case by case basis moving forward.
- Alberto Del Rio's botched kicks didn't go unnoticed backstage and he took "a lot of grief for it." Del Rio has been in and out of the company doghouse over the last several months and it's little things like this that do not exactly help his cause.
- For those that missed the news on Tuesday evening, Christian was pulled from the Intercontinental Championship match on this week's live episode of WWE Main Event shortly before the show went live on WWE Network. The company claimed it was due to a "slight concussion" and another number one contenders bout was booked to open Main Event, with Dolph Ziggler going over and challenging Big E later in the broadcast. Big E went over to retain the title. Christian's injury happened in a Fatal 4-Way match on this week's episode of Monday Night Raw, where he went over against Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and Ziggler. Del Rio had two notable botches. One on a missed enziguri kick and another where he kicked Christian in the back of the head. We're told Del Rio was given a lot of grief backstage over the botches and it appears one of them has cost Christian yet another injury. What's even more concerning is that Christian missed 5 months after suffering a concussion in a match against Randy Orton on the August 26, 2013 episode of Raw. He didn't return until late January and appeared to be just getting back in the swing of things. It's worth noting we haven't received independent confirmation that Christian's injury is legitimate and there is still a chance WWE's claims could be kayfabe but the former is more likely given the botched kick, change in booking plans and Christian's concussion history.
- Daniel Bryan was backstage at Raw in Brooklyn on Monday night but wasn't scripted into the show to sell the "beating" he took at the hands of The Authority the week prior. This was a creative decision I felt to be a mistake as I explained in the latest WNW Premium Mailbag.
- There have been a lot of questions regarding the status of Christian after suffering a concussion in the Fatal 4-Way Match on this week's episode of Monday Night Raw off an errant kick from Alberto Del Rio. Because it's Christian's second concussion within a calendar year (with the other being suffered on August 26, 2013 in a match against Randy Orton), Christian must undergo a one on one evaluation by Dr. Mark Lovell. This is the same specialist that Dolph Ziggler had to see before he gained medical clearance when returning from his second concussion within a calendar year. Dr. Lovell is based out of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Additionally, Christian will have to be asymptomatic and pass an ImPACT Concussion Test before being cleared to return. For more, look over the WWE & ImPACT Concussion Management Program.
- Chris Jericho spoke to FoxSports.com about a myriad of topics. Matt Kunka posted an excerpt at this link where Jericho more or less said he was finished wrestling. Jericho also said WWE asked him to cover the Hall of Fame this year and he turned down the offer. He said he follows along online but doesn't watch wrestling regularly. The complete interview is available at this link. While Jericho won't be there, Steve Austin plans to attend Wrestlemania 30 in New Orleans. I haven't heard if he'll be doing anything in terms of an appearance but he is expected to attend the 2014 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony the night before.
To continue reading this article you must be a WNW Premium Member. CLICK HERE to signup now for as low as $5.95/month! Also, take advantage of the coupon code VIDEO10 for 10% OFF!