Backstage News from Monday Night Raw in Austin, TX…
- Roman Reigns will not miss anytime after receiving six staples in his head. The injury occurred when he hit his forehead on the ring post but did he passed all concussion tests. Reigns is cleared to continue to work, although it is concerning that he was banged up just last week. Also, let's not forget he suffered a similar injury (busting open his face) just a few months ago.
- The expectation is for Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose to "steal the show" at SummerSlam, however, the gimmick to their match has legitimately not been finalized. As the storyline goes, Ambrose will announce the stipulation on this week's episode of Smackdown (that will be taped on Tuesday night). We heard ideas pitched included a street fight or a ladder match for the Money in the Bank briefcase.
- Brock Lesnar is scheduled for Raw on August 11 and August 18 (the episodes before and after the pay-per-view). Expect him to be featured prominently next week, pushing him as the "beast" ahead of main event against John Cena. In fact, there was some talk about possibly doing an angle with Hulk Hogan. Remember it was over a decade ago before SummerSlam 2002 where Lesnar "bloodied" Hogan, which many saw as significant in building him as a main event talent.
- We're still hearing plans to do a WWE Tag Team Championship match at SummerSlam with The Usos defending against Goldust & Stardust and Luke Harper & Erick Rowan.
- Expectations are very high for the new Paul Heyman DVD set. One source said WWE believes it could outsell the CM Punk: Best in the World set released in 2012.
- We're told The Ascension continues to be atop the list of WWE developmental talent awaiting a main roster call-up.