Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Baltimore…
- We're told Cesaro's new entrance music was an example of Triple H winning out. As we reported last week, Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman had an idea for him to not have an entrance but Hunter hated it. Speaking of Cesaro, there was talk of him winning the IC title tournament, however, they decided to go with the Jack Swagger followup after the lengthy undercard build.
- Daniel Bryan was given the rest of this week and the weekend off due to the death of his father. He didn't have to work Raw on Monday but insisted that he work after missing time on his honeymoon. This was the reason for the angle with Kane to keep the Extreme Rules match hot with the pay-per-view less than two weeks away. WWE has already announced Bryan will be on Raw next week.
- Vince McMahon ultimately wants Cody Rhodes heel, which was the reason for the dissension with Goldust. The feeling, at least from yours truly, is WWE didn't full capitalize on the opportunity they had with the hard working Rhodes Brothers.
- Speaking of turns, there continue to be discussions about turning Sheamus heel.
- WWE is closely monitoring the John Cena/Bray Wyatt program as they don't want a double turn. This was the reason for some of the "WWE Universe is being brainwashed" remarks on commentary. Basically it's a situation where the company is "walking the fine line" to the finish line.
- Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley once again have interest from WWE but we know there's also interest from Global Force Wrestling. Neither have long-term commitments anywhere as of press time.