Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Birmingham…
- The idea behind Cesaro not having music was one of Vince McMahon and Paul Heyman so that he would be seen as different. We're told Triple H isn't a fan. The idea to align Cesaro with Heyman was their own creation pitched to Vince and he loved it.
- Tyson Kidd was on the stage under his Lucha Libre gimmick for the Ultimate Warrior tribute that opened the show. We haven't heard why as he didn't work.
- Seth Rollins was nursing a sore ankle after Raw but isn't expected to miss any time.
- There were rumblings of involving Ric Flair in the reuniting of Evolution.
- WWE officials are already second guessing the debut of Adam Rose after only two weeks of vignettes. Apparently the hesitancy has to do with the "rock star party bus gimmick" being too similar to 3MB and in need of a "tall tale" to make it work. As one observer put it, this could be doomed from the get go.