Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Chicago…
- Luke Harper was nursing his shoulder backstage after the 6-man tag team match on this week's show. No serious injury occurred and he's believed to be fine going forward.
- Paul Heyman did in fact go off-script in his show-opening/crisis management promo to open the live broadcast. He received very high marks for the promo backstage.
- There continues to be a lot of discussion about what to do with Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio and Sheamus at Wrestlemania XXX. Out of all these names, Sheamus will definitely have a spot but they don't know what as of this writing. Remember the original plan had him working Daniel Bryan.
- Speaking of Wrestlemania XXX, a change is seen as an inevitability in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match between Randy Orton and Batista but that's not to say it's a definite either. The plan was for a babyface Batista to face Orton for the title at Wrestlemania and for all to be well, however, the inability to get Batista over as a babyface threw a wrench into everything. We noted possibilities here but CM Punk is back to doubtful. Daniel Bryan is an *obvious* choice but that also hinges on him pulling double duty to properly explain it. It's amazing how "up in the air" this year's show has been to begin with and now with more changes being discussed at this juncture at the biggest show of the year is just incredible.
- There's nothing more to note on CM Punk aside from what we detailed here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com. Vince McMahon is giving him space with the hope he'll recharge his batteries on his own. Triple H is ready to cut bait and move on and with Vince backing off, that's where it looks to be headed anyways. I will reiterate there were a lot of people that expected Punk back on Monday but it was never a definite or a certainty.