Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Columbus, Ohio...
- The final word on the Seth Rollins nude photos scandal is that Vince McMahon wasn’t upset at Rollins personally but he was upset. We’re told Vince was upset it happened, the fact one of the NXT Divas was exposed nude and most of all, upset the photo of Zahra Schreiber was available on WWE.com. Internally, this is considered a private matter and that everyone should respect Rollins in handling it himself.
- Vince McMahon is credited with the idea of having Daniel Bryan and Roman Reigns forced in multiple segments on both shows this week. We’re told he wants them to be the centerpiece of WWE Fastlane, however, critics currently see all characters as secondary under Triple H and Stephanie McMahon.
- Sheamus was at Raw but as noted, Sting was not. The “Sting” that showed up in the ring with Triple H was Cody Hawk (a local independent worker).
- The way John Cena is being booked with the “old man stuff” is to make him look more vulnerable and make him more “likable.” WWE officials want more heat on Rusev.
- The outcome of Roman Reigns vs. Daniel Bryan at WWE Fastlane has not yet been finalized.