Backstage news and notes from Monday Night Raw in Dayton, Ohio...
- The New Age Outlaws are back in WWE storylines because of how well they were received in their return and the company figured they could utilize them to make up for their shortage of heels. Both Road Dogg and Billy Gunn work backstage as producers so they already travel to TVs on a weekly basis.
- We're told Vince McMahon wasn't a fan of the skinny jeans that Batista wore on this week's show. Apparently he told someone he should never wear those again. It's unknown if Vince saw them before Batista appeared live but Vince thought they made him look small and the appeal in Batista has always been in his size.
- Rob Van Dam is hoping to get a new contract with WWE done in time for Wrestlemania season. While he wasn't "super happy" with his last run, he has plenty left in the tank and knows it's best if he can work something out prior to Sunday's pay-per-view. Vince McMahon is a fan of RVD, which makes things easier.
- WWE held a meeting with the Divas backstage in Dayton and it was a "very positive one." We're told they were praised for how much improvement they've all made and how much better the competition has been. Officials are thrilled with how seriously the main roster Divas take their work and their training to continually get better. Specific Divas put over for their work included Brie Bella, AJ Lee and Natalya for always making others better and constantly getting better themselves.
- There is still hope that Sheamus will be healthy enough to return as a surprise entrant in Sunday's 30-man Royal Rumble match, however, it's still up in the air as of Monday. Sheamus' torn labrum injury is a case-by-case situation as some athletes recover in 12 weeks and others take a full 6-8 months. It's complicated because some days it feels great and others it feels awful. Another issue is given the physicality that Sheamus takes, his risk of re-injury is high.