Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Washington, D.C…
- In news that no one wants to hear, Dolph Ziggler had to undergo concussion testing after taking Wade Barrett's elbow to the side of the head in the go-home sequence of their match. I believe he was fine but I didn't hear for sure and that was a very risky/unnecessary spot given Dolph's concussion history.
- There are plans to do Big E vs. Rusev at Money in the Bank time-permitting.
- One observer backstage commented, "as you can tell by the random adding of participants to the Money in the Bank ladder matches, this pay-per-view brings booking on the fly to a whole new level."
- Dean Ambrose received a lot of praise backstage for his promo work and how he's been getting over lately.
- A key topic at this week's show was the direction of feuds after Money in the Bank on Sunday. WWE is short on top babyfaces, which is one of the reasons why the company hasn't turned Sheamus. Brock Lesnar is looming but obviously as a top heel. There is concern that Bray Wyatt is getting lost in the shuffle and they are focused on getting him into his next program and keeping his momentum. Obviously there is a lot of concern that Daniel Bryan's momentum has been lost.
- WWE is banking on the traditional Money in the Bank ladder match being a shower-saver. It will get plenty of time and "should be" great as a result.