Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Greenville…
- There was legitimate concern that Bray Wyatt suffered a concussion after being hit in the head by one of the chairs thrown by Dean Ambrose. We’re told he was feeling the effects when he got to the back and was put through the company’s concussion protocol. We are currently unable to confirm whether or not he passed all of the testing.
- The decision to put Charlotte under in her debut was widely criticized. I’m told a top WWE star that normally does not speak up, questioned the decision openly. It wasn’t so much that she went under in her home state but how it was done. In the latest Premium Podcast, I called it one of the biggest WWE booking mistakes of the year.
- Daniel Bryan was backstage but obviously wasn’t used.
- Wade Barrett is expected to return in the next couple of weeks. He’s been out with a serious shoulder injury that required surgery.
- There is no booking plan for Chris Jericho at press time but one idea that came up was to do something him with Seth Rollins. However, Rollins has a full-plate right now with the match at WWE TLC against John Cena and upcoming programs with Randy Orton and Roman Reigns on the books.