Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Houston…
- Vince McMahon did a lot of tinkering with this week's script before the show went live on the USA Network. We're told many of the programs saw their direction altered in the changes over the weekend. Vince wanted to shift the focus of Stephanie McMahon vs. Brie Bella solely on them and not a rift between Stephanie and Triple H.
- Paul Heyman continues to receive rave reviews for his mic work and helping sell John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar in "his client's absence." As I noted in Ask WNW, I felt Cena did a very good job in the opening segment of this week's show.
- Roman Reigns was dinged up after taking the first RKO from Randy Orton when the table didn't break. He was not seriously injured.
- We're told Cameron has received grief for her in-ring work recently. One source noted her reviews have been viewed as "nothing less than awful."
- WWE plans for both Seth Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose and Jack Swagger vs. Rusev to be gimmick matches at SummerSlam. It's interesting that I heard over the weekend that the company had no intention of doing Rollins/Ambrose at Battleground, making it even more questionable why they advertised it in the first place.
- There were a lot of people scratching their heads as to why R-Truth went over Bo Dallas on this week's show. No one I spoke with knew the answer.
- Morale continues to be lower than normal and something that bares repeating is the opinion of Brock Lesnar. While he's "back" for the program with John Cena at SummerSlam, many resent him for his part-time status. It's going to be an interesting story to follow, especially if the company ends up putting him over for the title.