Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Indianapolis…
- WWE legitimately doesn't know how much longer WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is going to be out which is the reason for the segment on this week's show. As I mentioned here on WrestlingNewsWorld.com, it's literally a legitimate plan being intertwined with storylines. It gives WWE both options without leaving the fan base wondering. Interjecting some of my own opinion, I believe it's in the best interests of everyone involved to err on the side of caution.
- The angle of breaking up The Shield and having one of them join Evolution came up several weeks ago and was finally put into motion on Monday. The response backstage wasn't as optimistic as I was in Ask WNW, as I was told there were more than a few questioning the logic of the turn. Additionally, the belief from one observer that I spoke with is that if they were going to do it, it should have Dean Ambrose.
- Rusev's segment was done to make him a bigger deal than he is, however, it didn't receive high marks backstage.
- Roman Reigns could get the rest of the week off as he's more than a little banged up after the last 48 hours.
- The framework is being laid for all of Goldust's partners to fail, leading to Cody Rhodes tell him that he was the failure. Whether or not they stick with that direction remains to be seen but most expect Cody vs. Goldust at some point.