Backstage News from Monday Night Raw in Indianapolis...
- The plan for The New Day faction of Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods is for them to be over-the-top babyfaces with an eventual heel turn. They worked together on Smackdown before next week's debut on Raw.
- There was plenty of head-scratching regarding the announcement that the Anonymous Raw General Manager will be returning for next week's "Cyber Monday" episode of Raw. People backstage were saying the same thing we were saying on Tuesday, WWE already revealed the GM as Hornswoggle. It's been over two years since the company provided the "comedic resolution" to the controversial gimmick but the decision to bring the computer/podium was back was strange.
- It's looking more like Brock Lesnar will not defend the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WWE TLC next month and instead, defend against John Cena at Royal Rumble. Vince McMahon continues to go back and forth but time is of the essence as there are only two episodes of Raw until TLC. As seen on this week's show, there was no mention of the title or Cena's No. 1 contendership.
- There is some concern how Nikki and Brie Bella -- as heels -- will play out on Total Divas considering they are both personally involved with John Cena and Daniel Bryan -- the company's top babyfaces -- respectively. Remember before Nikki turned at SummerSlam there was talk of pairing her with Seth Rollins but it was nixed because of the believability factor due to Total Divas. As we've reported previously, Total Divas has considerable influence on storylines involving the Divas.
- Add Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins to Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena as matches likely for Royal Rumble. There is no word on how this impacts the status of Reigns in the Royal Rumble match or Rollins' forthcoming program with Randy Orton but it's something we'll continue to monitor closely.
- The update on Daniel Bryan is there is no update and he said as much in this week's sit-down interview with Michael Cole that Brooks recapped at this link.
- Justin Gabriel required some treatment on his ankle on Monday but it wasn't serious as he worked Tuesday night.
- The feeling from officials close to Vince McMahon was that this week's Raw was a letdown after Survivor Series. Survivor Series was raved about with many members of the talent roster "marking out" for Sting.