Backstage news from Monday Night Raw in Memphis…
- We're told Road Dogg is nursing a sore back following his match with Billy Gunn against Cody Rhodes and Goldust.
- The 30-man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal is WWE's way of filling out the Wrestlemania XXX undercard and getting deserving talent on the show. There's been a lot of discussion about what to do with talent such as The Shield, Cesaro and Jack Swagger. At this rate it wouldn't be a surprise if all five were thrown in as participants, however, they've also talked about individual matches to blowoff programs.
- Inserting Daniel Bryan into the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestlemania XXX if he beats Triple H earlier in the night is plan B. As we've talked about, Vince McMahon made a hail mary pitch to CM Punk about it but the Bryan talk was there as well. When Punk didn't budge, the Bryan plan was executed. Before anyone thinks this was the plan all along, it wasn't. Vince tried all the way up to Elimination Chamber with Batista but when the strong effort to get him over as a babyface didn't work, he ordered the heel turn. The hope is Batista's return can be salvaged as a heel with more optimism coming from producers at last weekend's live events.
- Jerry Lawler was ordered to correct a mistake he made on commentary from Vince McMahon regarding Roman Reigns jobbing to Mark Henry.
- Sheamus was seen "walking gingerly" backstage after his match with Christian. I didn't hear a significant injury took place, however, Sheamus has been beaten up pretty good the last two weeks.
- Alberto Del Rio is once again in the company doghouse, hence his string of jobs on Raw lately and relegation to WWE Superstars this week. I do not have further details at this time.